Light Sensor

Guest mofo

Sorry guys if this one is already covered, but I couldn't find via Search.

What the heck is Light Sensor in Start/Setings/Power Managment?

tnx

/satisfied Qtek 8310 user

What the heck is Light Sensor in Start/Setings/Power Managment?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the C500, the setting for the light sensor determines whether to check the ambient light levels before turning on the keypad lights. I presume this is the same with other models.

If 'Light Sensor Enable' is set to on, the keypad will only light up when there is little or no ambient light (supposedly saving power during the day).

The light sensor on the C500 is located just below the '0' key.

Hope that helps.

On the C500, the setting for the light sensor determines whether to check the ambient light levels before turning on the keypad lights. I presume this is the same with other models.

If 'Light Sensor Enable' is set to on, the keypad will only light up when there is little or no ambient light (supposedly saving power during the day).

The light sensor on the C500 is located just below the '0' key.

Hope that helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TNX a lot!

Guest chaznet
This does not apply to the i-mate SP5. On or off -- no difference; the keypad stays lit for five seconds and that's all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This feature has nothing to do with a 'time-out' on the keypad lights. It makes the handset not use the keypad lights if you're in a well lit area. I do agree with you though, it would be nice if you could set the keypad lights to stay on a little longer -- being as you can't, just turn of the 'light sensor' -- gives the handset a little less to think about during use -- and as those keys only stay lit for a microsecond :) there can't be much battery savings by have it turned on.

Guest michehrlich
This feature has nothing to do with a 'time-out' on the keypad lights.  It makes the handset not use the keypad lights if you're in a well lit area.  I do agree with you though, it would be nice if you could set the keypad lights to stay on a little longer -- being as you can't, just turn of the 'light sensor' -- gives the handset a little less to think about during use -- and as those keys only stay lit for a microsecond :) there can't be much battery savings by have it turned on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point.