"Outlook" (Exchange) E-mail

Guest michehrlich

Guest michehrlich

Now that I have Active Sync working over GPRS with my Exchange (Exchange Server 2003 SP2), everything seems cool, just a bit of weirdness, such as:

- Sent Items folder not retaining anything: e-mails I send from my phone are showing up in the Sent Items folder in my desktop Outlook, but the Sent Items folder on my phone is empty, even though I have set it to retain them. Anyone else experiencing this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bglawrence
Now that I have Active Sync working over GPRS with my Exchange (Exchange Server 2003 SP2), everything seems cool, just a bit of weirdness, such as:

- Sent Items folder not retaining anything: e-mails I send from my phone are showing up in the Sent Items folder in my desktop Outlook, but the Sent Items folder on my phone is empty, even though I have set it to retain them. Anyone else experiencing this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when you are in your email you must go to the menu and then choose "folders". From there you can go to "manage folders" and then choose which folders you show and hide. once you do that resync and you will see al the mail in the proper folders.

Guest michehrlich
when you are in your email you must go to the menu and then choose "folders". From there you can go to "manage folders" and then choose which folders you show and hide.  once you do that resync and you will see al the mail in the proper folders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that bg -- that got me to the solution, although (on my phone at least) it is slightly different. At the same menu level as "manage folders" there is a choice to "show all folders", but there is no show or non-show option on a per-folder basis, neither under "manage folders" nor elsewhere. As it happens, though, that doesn't matter. The sent items folder shows all the time anyway. What you need to do, once you go into manage folders, is to select the sent items folder. The right button then becomes a "sync" option, and here is where you can set the folder to sync or not sync. But again, thanks for getting me to the solution!