Homescreen Buttons to automatically address a text

Guest DancingMatt

Guest DancingMatt

Hi all

I remember reading of a plugin/app for the Magician (M500/MDA Compact etc), with which you could have icons (say 5) across your homescreen. When you tapped them it brought up a new text message with the recipient's number already inserted.

You could apply a picture of your choosing to each, and obviously set the destination number and a little text underneath.

Now, I can't remember what it's called - but what I'm interested in is does it work on the Wizard? Specifically the MDA Vario.

I can't find it (maybe it was on XDA Developers, I have tried searching) but it looked incredibly useful and just ahead of buying a Vario, it's one of those things I'll want to try when I get it.

Anyone tried it/remember it and can look for it/never heard of it but fancy searching for it?

DM

Edited by DancingMatt

I think this is what you're looking for!

*Link removed, couldn't get it to work!*

Or at least, I think it is :)

Try searching on Google for VJSMS. It was mentioned in a post on XDA Developers

Mark

Edited by burnso

Guest DancingMatt

Bin-go burnso - that's the one!! :)

(oddly I can't post the link either, but it's top of the Google search)

I forgot that it could also be used to set up homescreen buttons to one-click dial a number too. I was looking for this because I was put off that it would be cumbersome to find a contact and address them a text one-handed.

I also forgot though that to use it as homescreen icons requires something like Claunch - more to learn, not a bad thing though!

And apparantly the SMS shortcuts do work on Windows Mobile 2005, so that's all good too.

Well done burnso :exclaim:

DM

Well done burnso  :exclaim:

Hey, no probs!

I've been helped out by this site plenty of times so its about time I could contribute!

I've not actually used them myself, but figured it may be possible to use these two progs with something like Mortbuttons, which I feel is a really useful bit of kit (and free)

Edited by burnso