Hello? Screen Clock?

Guest michehrlich

Guest michehrlich

I don't want to seem unhappy with my SP5. Because I'm not. I'm happy. I really am.

But I mean, how long have mobile phones been around? And for how long has it been learned, recognised, understood, and internalised that the obvious ergonomic default for screen behaviour is for it to dark out to a moving time indicator?

For, like, a LONG time!

So how come HTC, in 2005, makes a phone where the screen just darks out to nothing? No one in Taiwan ever cares what time it is?

Okay, enough ranting (must be done sometimes -- again, it's a great phone, but a few things, like this and the keypad lighting going off after five seconds, are really brain-curdlingly stupid).

Anyone got a screen-saver that just shows a HH:MM time indicator (that moves around, obviously)?

Thanks!

Guest michehrlich
Look on Handango (etc) for Dockware Pro.

This is similar to what you're looking for and includes various calendar options plus slideshow of your choice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Disco.

Doesn't seem to work as needed, though. I think this is just for when the device is cradled; doesn't come on when the screen darks out, however.

Also, the clock doesn't move around, which is of course necessary for the "screen saver" to be a real screen saver (I think -- or is it different with LCD...?).

Thanks again, anyway.

Thanks Disco.

Doesn't seem to work as needed, though. I think this is just for when the device is cradled; doesn't come on when the screen darks out, however.

Also, the clock doesn't move around, which is of course necessary for the "screen saver" to be a real screen saver (I think -- or is it different with LCD...?).

Thanks again, anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Burn in' only applies to both CRT's and Plasma's!

Also I think it is Microsoft who I think you need to be shouting at HTC only make the Hardware to comply with their software! There are all sorts of little features that I think would improve the use of WM devices such as auto redial, goes to show MS are completely out of touch with phone users :evil:

Guest Cybertronic
Hey, thanks -- it looks promising!

How do I install a cab file? (The zip contains a whole bunch of files with three-digit numerical extentions, plus an xml file. What do I do with these?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put the file on the phone, locate it with the file manager in tree view and open it which then it will install on to the phone or storage card :)

Guest michehrlich
Put the file on the phone, locate it with the file manager in tree view and open it which then it will install on to the phone or storage card :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Cyb.

Guest maniac103

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To prevent wondering about the program not being started, I recommend installing it onto the phone :D ;)