SP5m Audio Balance

Guest nwpsys

I was this close [ holds thumb and forefinger very close together ] to ordering an SP5m but then I started reading reports of audio balance problems with the left and right channels being uneven. Seeing as I plan to use the media features of the phone extensively, this was a bit of a show stopper.

I am trying to find out if this is a fault with every device, and whether any experts out there think that this issue could be fixed in a future release of firmware ?

TIA

nwpsys

Guest roma0803
I was this close [ holds thumb and forefinger very close together ] to ordering an SP5m but then I started reading reports of audio balance problems with the left and right channels being uneven. Seeing as I plan to use the media features of the phone extensively, this was a bit of a show stopper.

I am trying to find out if this is a fault with every device, and whether any experts out there think that this issue could be fixed in a future release of firmware ?

TIA

nwpsys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not aware of a problem with my device. I'm pretty happy with the sound and stereo balance.

Guest abhayseth

I agree..!

the SP5 has a lesser volume decimal on the speaker but has much better clarity than the previous predecessors.

:) :D ;)

TIA

nwpsys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto. Care to elaborate on the suggested balance problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. The major review at MobileTechReview states that "...but one thing that did show up was a balance problem; the right-hand channel is clearly louder than the left resulting in a shift in balance that is especially evident on vocal tracks. I suspect that the problem can be resolved but as a Music phone this is a bit of a big issue. I tried a couple of units to make sure that I didn't have a faulty unit but each had the same problem."

Also some user feedback at Expansys mentions "Now for some reason the audio is louder in the right earpiece than in the left, enough to be staggeringly annoying. I tried an old stereo headset from my Voq and, same thing, so it's something with the phone, not the earbud. Somethings wrong with the audio. Extremely annoying considering this is a "music" phone. I've tried using PocketMusic player instead of WMP, but same thing happens. And there's no "Balance" to correct the problem in either application."

These two mentions of exactly the same problem raised my concerns.

nwpsys

Guest roma0803
Interesting! Wonder if a rom update could fix it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.... or creates it...

It seems not all phones have this issue, if an updat can fix it, an update also can create it. Or am I being to negative here?

Guest Pondrew
.... or creates it...

It seems not all phones have this issue, if an updat can fix it, an update also can create it. Or am I being to negative here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, unfortunately rom updates have introduced new problems before. Having said that I think we're being pretty negative assuming this'll be so! :)

No, unfortunately rom updates have introduced new problems before. Having said that I think we're being pretty negative assuming this'll be so!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I should bite the bullet and just order one. If there are some units that don't have the problem, that seems good enough to me.

I did try to look on the Club imate forum to see if this had come up in discussion, but you need to be an owner to register and I am not one of those yet :)

nwpsys

Guest gilesjuk

There's definitely a slight bias to the right.

But then over the years I've noticed a very slight bias to the left channel in music. Monitoring CDs when recording to tape (long time ago).

I don't think it's so distracting to be annoying.

Guest GuyAdams

I have a strange audio issue with my SP5, it seems when under alot of load to loose sound quality. It used to do it all the time at the begining of each mp3 file which I discovered was the antivirus scanning the file.

I removed the A/V and all seemed ok until the other day when it was doing several things and the audio quality was awful. Had to stop media player wait a few seconds then restart the track, after that was all ok. It was a little disturbing to say the least.

Has anyone else had this issue or do you think it is a problem with my handset.

Regards

Guy_Adams