US members: Sign up with M:Panel and get $10!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Free cash is good... and even better when you get free cash AND a chance to influence future Smartphone development!

If you are a MoDaCo reader from the USA (other territories coming soon), then there's a free $10 up for grabs (followed by further $10 payments every 6 months) when you sign up to and participate in the 'M:Metrics Smart M:Panel Survey'.

Full details can be found by clicking on the banner above (and then click the 'Privacy Policy' link if you want to view the full details), but basically M:Metrics would like you to participate in their research studies and sign up to their metering program.

I know the M:Metrics guys personally, and could think of nothing better than having you - the well informed MoDaCo readership - providing input into the next generation of mobile devices (especially if they're giving you freebies in the process!)... so what are you waiting for... get signed up :)

P

PS The signup is also open to Symbian users...

Guest nickcornaglia

I started to sign in and filled out the first few questions. When it came to realize I was a smartphone user it asked me to download software that will monitor my phone usage.

I stopped there.

There really wasnt a good explanation of what data is being monitored. It's almost like inviting spyware to run on my phone.

Guest jcjdoss

I signed up, I don't see how they get "our input" though. It seems thy just monitor our smartphone usage. Oh well. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Your input will come in the ability to complete further more specific surveys now you are signed up.

encece, your concerns are of course valid, and i've asked M:Metrics to provide a more specific definition of what is monitored specifically more MoDaCo members, which i'll post here :)

P

Guest jcjdoss
Your input will come in the ability to complete further more specific surveys now you are signed up.

encece, your concerns are of course valid, and i've asked M:Metrics to provide a more specific definition of what is monitored specifically more MoDaCo members, which i'll post here :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After installing, my internet conection stayed active all night. :?: Since I do not have a data plan then that will not work. Sorry guys had to uninstall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest salehdidit
After installing, my internet conection stayed active all night. :?:  Since I do not have a data plan then that will not work.  Sorry guys had to uninstall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here. was reading the terms and saw that i had to pay for third party charges. 10 bucks is nice, but probably not enough to cover the data charges i'll incrue with my at&t plan (no data package). made me decide against it when they didn't provide any estimate of the KB (are they going to use compression etc or just not bother, little things like that). your story of the internet always being up helped me make my mind too.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.