C600 Availability - business or personal?

Guest vwilsonuk

Guest vwilsonuk

Hi,

There was a topic here a few weeks back where Paul had the opportunity to use a C600 handset and had established a dialogue with Orange regarding the phone.

Would it be possible for Paul to ask whether this handset is intended for the personal phone audience?

Right now the handset is visible on the 50+ users business site (its now linked into the menus too) but there's no sign of it for smaller business or for personal use. Shop representatives say that if it is going to be made available for personal use it will probably be out before Christmas. If its not, or if I'm going to have to jump through hoops to get one (like getting business cheque books and stuff) I may as well just wait for the Motorola motoQ which should be out Q1 2006.

Yours eagerly,

V

Guest vwilsonuk
But when will it be available for the personal market. We've been waiting for ageeees.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just called the Orange sales line, they say "sometime in November, but since we're most of the way through November its not looking hopeful"

:-/

Guest mcwarre
Lets just say that if the C600 isn't released to personal customers here in the UK I'll eat my hat (a nice black crushable felt cowboy number)  :)

/me has salt and pepper ready. Tomato sauce, Sir???

:D ;)

yeh thats what they always say "due in november" er it is almost the END of november

i got a shock a couple of nights ago - phone orange and they said "its out" but i had already just been to orange retail and they say they did not have it.... :-/

"due out in november"

er what year? 2006?

meh read the topic I made earlier today about "more c600 info"

pretty much - orange dont know jack... as per usual

this is almost december and its still "due to be released in november" but I got a confirmation that its been "launched" but in "review" - been in "review" for 3 months already.

one of my 2 contracts on orange is almost up (both C500) and I think I am going to switch network providers....

however I would like the C600 WHENEVER its out....