Blutetooth Car Kit

Guest Pete Price

Guest Pete Price

I have just bought a new Audi A6 with an inbuilt Bluetooth car kit.

I can pair the phone with the kit and it works to some degree but strange things happen. Somtimes the car wont let me end the call, i can use the keypad to end it but the car still tinks the call is live. Sometimes i can dial via the keypad on the phone and all works fine, but often it wont. and there are lot of other random faults.

When i took it back to the Audi dealer they said that my SPV C550 wasnt true bluetooth wasnt "true" Bluetooth compatible. are they spinning me a line?

Guest davejerome

That's interesting. My parrot has done some strange things in its time similar to that. BMW state that their car kits will never be compatible with windows mobile.

To my understanding even though bluetooth is a standard each make toys with it a little. Samsung and Nokia in perticular. I have heard that the C500 and C550 are modified to allow for a faster transmission speed.

But also this is only what I have read. With the parrot, its reliability all changed when i changed the firmware, which when you think about it you should not need to do on a "standard" way of communicating.

However I would tackle this with your dealer and at the very least if nothing better get a free service out of them.