Bluetooth Bo"$*&ks

Guest DrSirLes

Guest DrSirLes

Not happy with my new sony ericsson hbh662 and the m5000. as soon as i move more than a metre away from it the call quality starts to disintegrate appallingly. beyond 2 and a half metres and it might as well be off. the headset works fine with my m500. anyone else have these problems?

otherwise everything else is perfect

(another thing: i thought that microsoft voice command was supposed to be integrated into wm5?)

• 1 month later...
Guest brianc500
Not happy with my new sony ericsson hbh662 and the m5000. as soon as i move more than a metre away from it the call quality starts to disintegrate appallingly. beyond 2 and a half metres and it might as well be off. the headset works fine with my m500. anyone else have these problems?

(another thing: i thought that microsoft voice command was supposed to be integrated into wm5?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest brianc500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi DrSirLes,

I could write a book on the problems with Bluetooth on my Xda Exec, Had 2 phones, 5 Bluetooth headsets and o2 are incapable of sorting my problem (or just dont care) Mine unchecks the Bluetooth check boxes on its own, I suspect a lot of these things do the same thing but people put up with it, well my SPV C500 was on constantly for 14 months and never once did i loose the Bluetooth facility. I now have no fath that the Bluetooth will work whilst i am driving and I have lost a lot of work due to not being to answer the bloody thing. I agree when it does work the sound quality is apalling and even with it in my top pocket on the oposit side to my headset it crackles. If you have to have it so close to your Bluetooth what is the point I might as well pick the bloody thing up and answer it. I think with this phone its a case of squeezing as much in as they can and using crap parts. As far as o2 is concerned i have another 16 months of negative help from them to put up with then I will go back to Orange.

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supermoocow

I've had the bluetooth profiles (and wifi) disappear a few times and also have serious problems wit crackle on bluetooth headsets!

I have tried the exec with the jabra, plantronics, bluetrek, motorola headsets and all of them are virtually unusable if you have the exec in your pocket ;)

Basically I have to carry the exec in my hand if using a headset just to be able to hear the other person in anything other than a rather bad impression of metal mickey...

I got the exec the day that it was released in the uk so I take it that its a little late to take it back to a store to swap for another one?

Then again sounds like I wouldn't be any better off.

I'm back to using my old c500 if I'm using the headset...