xBar 3

Guest Xetra

Hi David,

I'm from United States and I installed the CAB file from your website, then copied the "build of the day" to the xBar3 directory on the phone (overwriting duplicate files). It's working so far but the xBar 3 screen is not properly alligned. Can you please help? See attached.

Device: Audiovox SMT5600

ScreenShot005.bmp

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just download the SM version (2000 to 2005) (it the same as WM2005 QVGA but without QVGA skin)

install it, and update it (but without the skin => xbar.ini and xbar.bmp)

because the "build of the day" include a qvga skin

V3 works great - but I still don't know the righ ICONSIZE setting.

The clock is still distorted and the Icons in the bubble look a bit 'special'. Any setting i need to add on the C550?

(sorry if i missed something here...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ICONSIZE=22 for QVGA phone

ICONSIZE=16 (default) for other phone

for the clock, please download the last build (of the day) and tell me if is is still distorted (work on beta tester but ugly on my emulator...)

=> for answer, please use official forum support (http://www.xetranet.com/xbar3)

When I try to copy over the 'build of the day' files to the xbar directory, I can't copy them as the xbar.exe process is in use. I have tried closing xbar, but it still don't work. How do I do that? :?:

Guest rperalta
Just download the SM version (2000 to 2005) (it the same as WM2005 QVGA but without QVGA skin)

install it, and update it (but without the skin => xbar.ini and xbar.bmp)

because the "build of the day" include a qvga skin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I installed the SM version, then updated it with the "build of the day" without the xbar.ini and xbar.bmp.. The xbar is centered and alligned. However, I have the following issues:

New Issues:

1. I cannot kill running apps anymore. Nothing happens when I press 1 or long 1.

2. The icon and text (program name, memory, battery, thermo, time, etc.) is too small, distorted, and hard to read. Can you make the icons and text bigger so it's easier to read them.

xbar3text.bmp

It's getting there, thanks for all your help.

Robert

Edited by rperalta

When I try to copy over the 'build of the day' files to the xbar directory, I can't copy them as the xbar.exe process is in use.  I have tried closing xbar, but it still don't work.  How do I do that?  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just copy the x_quit.xmc file in your strat menu\accessories folder and launch it.

next release will fix that

I installed the SM version, then updated it with the "build of the day" without the xbar.ini and xbar.bmp.. The xbar is centered and alligned. However, I have the following issues:

New Issues:

1. I cannot kill running apps anymore. Nothing happens when I press 1 or long 1.

2. The icon and text (program name, memory, battery, thermo, time, etc.) is too small, distorted, and hard to read. Can you make the icons and text bigger so it's easier to read them.

xbar3text.bmp

It's getting there, thanks for all your help.

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1-wait for the next full release (cab file) planned for today :)

2-For QVGA compatibility i had to changed font size to font size in pixel to please add some unit to the param fontsize=12 or 13 in the xbar.ini file.

also i see in your screen shot that the icontime (top bar) is not very well ... i will fix it.

Guest rperalta
1-wait for the next full release (cab file) planned for today :)

2-For QVGA compatibility i had to changed font size to font size in pixel to please add some unit to the param fontsize=12 or 13 in the xbar.ini file.

also i see in your screen shot that the icontime (top bar) is not very well ... i will fix it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great! I'm sure other users will be glad to hear that you fix the time. :D

Robert

Guest abhayseth

David dont want the 1 Euro Refund just help me customise the X-bar its currently just capturing the calc as an aap no other applications i can launch - pls HELP!

Regards,

people that have paied full price for an update, please if you want ask me for a 1 euro refund  :)  :D

Regards

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David dont want the 1 Euro Refund just help me customise the X-bar its currently just capturing the calc as an aap no other applications i can launch - pls HELP!

Regards,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you

do you use the last build ? (unsigned)

otherwise just wait for the new release planned for today

regards

David

Guest roma0803
people that have paied full price for an update, please if you want ask me for a 1 euro refund  :)  :D

Regards

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the offer and the great support. See it as an investment in some icon_beer.gif

Edit:

The 11-28-05 build is looking good on my screen. Font lookes good too now.

Edited by roma0803

Guest nickcornaglia

Just stumbled by the thread. Did you raise the price from 4 to 5 after people were asking for a discount?! or did I read it wrong. Either way....excellent! :)

Please everyone...pay to keep Smartphone software developement alive! It's an investment. :D

Just stumbled by the thread. Did you raise the price from 4 to 5 after people were asking for a discount?! or did I read it wrong. Either way....excellent! :)

Please everyone...pay to keep Smartphone software developement alive! It's an investment. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Price for xbar 3 was 6 euro, some people ask for a special price for an update (that is justified) so i decided to set the price to 5 and set to 8 for a non update.

even to 8 euro price are less than the market.

I don't want to make (a lot of 8) ) money, but only to buy new smartphone / PDA / and if possible notebook.

So thank you for your support ;)

Edited by Xetra

I installed the xBar 3 (beta 2) and everything looks good (font, allignment).

However, all running apps are not showing up. Can you please help?

xBar3.BMP

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Questions:

did you quit xbar (or uninstall it and reboot) before installinf the beta 2 ?

previous version showed running app ?

and what was the previous version ? (first release or you update from recent build?)

Edited by Xetra

Guest rperalta
Questions:

did you quit xbar (or uninstall it and reboot) before installinf the beta 2 ?

previous version showed running app ?

and what was the previous version ? (first release or you update from recent build?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi David,

1. I did a hard reset before installing xBar 3 beta 2.

2. Previous version- downloaded it from your website then Build of the day. It showed all running apps.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi David,

1. I did a hard reset before installing xBar 3 beta 2.

2. Previous version- downloaded it from your website then Build of the day. It showed all running apps.

Thanks,

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try to launch a rom app (calc for example) and tell me if it appears in xbar ?

i also rebuild the sp version try to download it again.

let me know.

EDIT : did you remove the memory bar from the clock icon ?

on your screen is, it is missing so it's maybe a bad version of xbar.

Edited by Xetra

Guest Strongarm

I am a bit cofused with Beta 2 download: Is SPQVGA only for WM 5 devices?

I have the SDAII is QVGA with OS= WM2003 SE, which version should i use ?

Thanks!

I am a bit cofused with Beta 2 download: Is SPQVGA only for WM 5 devices?

I have the SDAII is QVGA with OS= WM2003 SE, which version should i use ?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PPC / SMARTPHONE version of xbar 3 are the same (.exe), only the skin are different.

so download xbar 3 for smartphone with qvga screen.

regards

David

Edited by Xetra

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I very much like the new xmc files. They are very handy. I have already figured out how to send clicks to PPC applications running on SmartPhone to get RealPlayer to pause

How do I emulate a click-drag so that I can fast forward (move the progressbar)?

This is what I tried:

xmacro=X-7500,Y-48000,D,X-11090,U,

but it doesn't move the progressbar

many thanks again

looeee

• 8 months later...
Guest Burthess

hey, is there a possibility to put my own shortcuts into xbar ?

EDIT. I just solved it, Its in start menu folder. Sorry 4 problem

Edited by Burthess

• 4 weeks later...
Guest synthetic

I have problem with xbar3 and my Qtek-8310. I did a hard reset and tried again with the same result.

The problem is if I have the phone ON it suddenly stops from working, can't access any menues, a fault mess tells something like :MSSTART cannot be found...? Can't load the start-menue o use any keys, must restart the phone to get it to work again. And I also see which time it stops from working becasue the clock has stopped. Now I have uninstalled xbar3 and the phone has worked for 3 days now, before this fault could happen a couple of times per day.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mrdanne

Hi.

I have upgraded my previous smartphone to HTC TyTn and installed xbar 3, but I have some problems.

- Xbar is activated with the action button, so far so good. But when I use the action button in, for example, the comm manager it seems to be double-clicking resulting in that I just turn WLAN/bluetooth/ringtone back on/off again. I tried to solve it by change activation key to voice command (199), ok (117) or comm button (195) but then I can't activate xbar at all. I found these hardware keys with the keycode.exe file that was mentioned in the xbar help.

- My phone doesn't feel like it is 45 degrees... 25 degrees sounds more reasonable

Otherwise I really like xbar.

EDIT: Removed one question that was my fault

Edited by mrdanne

Will X-Bar 3 work with the T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur)? I am basically looking for copy/paste functionality. Will Xbar work or is there a more appropriate alternative.

Thanks!

Guest ahbrown41
I have problem with xbar3 and my Qtek-8310. I did a hard reset and tried again with the same result.

The problem is if I have the phone ON it suddenly stops from working, can't access any menues, a fault mess tells something like :MSSTART cannot be found...? Can't load the start-menue o use any keys, must restart the phone to get it to work again. And I also see which time it stops from working becasue the clock has stopped. Now I have uninstalled xbar3 and the phone has worked for 3 days now, before this fault could happen a couple of times per day.

Any ideas?

I have this same issue. It is really annoying.

I also did a hard reset on my Motorola Q and now xbar displays a five second "demo" message... I am a registered user for xbar 3.1 and that is what I am using..

Any idea on either of these?

Guest mrdanne
I have this same issue. It is really annoying.

I also did a hard reset on my Motorola Q and now xbar displays a five second "demo" message... I am a registered user for xbar 3.1 and that is what I am using..

Any idea on either of these?

Try to put a "keycode" file with no extension in your xbar directory containing your 5 digit serialnumber. That worked for me with xbar 3, found that file on my Smartphone 2002 with xbar 2. Maybe need to restart xbar.

EDIT: What temperature does xbar say that your phone is? My says 51 degrees!!!

/Daniel

Edited by mrdanne