Storage Card issue

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

Hi

Has anyone experienced this?

For no obvious reason, the system on my Vario seems to power-off my storage card. I've got a 1GB sandisk mini SD card where most programmes are installed to keep memory usage low.

Occasionally, when I start AvantGo or other programmes installed in the Storage card, I get an error message that says that the system has disabled access to the storage card. Browsing the device using Total Commander or File explorer, I then realise that my storage card, initially called "Storage Card" now appears in File Explorer as "Storage Card 2". Therefore, all my shortcuts to programmes supposedly installed into "Storage Card" don't work. I then need to soft reset my device, and rename "Storage Card 2" as "Storage card" to get access to my programmes and shortcuts to these in the programs part of the Vario.

It looks like the system does not always sees my storage card. I don't tend to remove the card when the system is on, I should say.

I've never experienced this problem before on the Blue Angel or any other Pocket Pc - neither have I read anything on the forum on a similar problem.

Have you experienced this ?

Guest MitchellO

I use a 512Mb A-Data card and haven't had a problem with it. I don't run much off the card (I have only installed a few games there), but the ones that I do run fine. I have Anthelion 1 & 2 Beta, and a Doom port and they all run superb.