WindowsMCE2005.cab

Guest the_tempest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeetenPatel

Hi there,

Sorry to ask a silly question but I'm rather new to this smartphone stuff. How do I load the homescreen to my phone? I have downloaded it but I have no idea how to transfer it.

Thanks

Jit

Guest PPCPassion
Hi there,

Sorry to ask a silly question but I'm rather new to this smartphone stuff. How do I load the homescreen to my phone? I have downloaded it but I have no idea how to transfer it.

Thanks

Jit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jit,

Everybody was new at one time or another. What you have downloaded is a Cab file. You need to transfer this file to anywhere on your device using active Sync (there are other ways but this is the easiest way). Copy cab file on your desktop and paste in one of the folders on your device (for example, My documents in the main memory of the device). Using file manager on your device, locate the cab file that you just pasted (My documents folder in the above example), click on that file. Cab file will automatically install itself and will "vanish" after the installation.Turn the device on/off. Since you are using C550, process to set the homescreen is, Go to: Start>settings>Home Screen and select WindowsMCE (or something with similar name) under Home screen Layout. Set everything else as default. Click done, done and Home. Voila, your Homescreen is now displaying. Hope this helps.

Edited by PPCPassion

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.