No outgoing Bluetooth

Guest simw

My C55O does not give an option to send any file types via bluetooth yet it receives BT OK and works perfectly with my BT car kit. In the BT menu options creating a new outgoing com port is greyed out - anyone know what I can do about this ?

Sim

Guest SilentlyScreaming

pretend you are going to send via infra red, or beam, and you'll see them come up.

You can use the built in file explorer or something like smart explorer.

pretend you are going to send via infra red, or beam, and you'll see them come up.

You can use the built in file explorer or something like smart explorer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, if I select beam the phone simply searches for an IR connection.

Sim

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Mine displays that it is searching for an infra red connection, but eventually displays the mac code for the other BT enabled device(s) in range, then a small delay, and their 'friendly' name.

TBH, I can't recall if I've done this before I pair with them, and as mentioned, maybe try out Smart Explorer as well.

Might also be worth playing with your BT discoverabilty status, not sure why it would hinder you seeing others, but worth checking...

Mine displays that it is searching for an infra red connection, but eventually displays the mac code for the other BT enabled device(s) in range, then a small delay, and their 'friendly' name.

TBH, I can't recall if I've done this before I pair with them, and as mentioned, maybe try out Smart Explorer as well.

Might also be worth playing with your BT discoverabilty status, not sure why it would hinder you seeing others, but worth checking...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right - what an unintuitive and rather slow way to behave. BTW in the process I just discovered that a long press on the Home key from pretty much any screen takes you to a quicklink with Bluetooth and Disconnnect GPRS options only.

Thanks

Sim