Curse of HTC Joystick returns?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest michehrlich
Doh!

The 'down' function on my SP5 joystick has become temperamental.

Not good... :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, so this is a known issue then. Interesting. I returned my first SP5 because of its joystick. Now my second one is acting up.

Hello? Earth to HTC? It's SO unnecessary. I had a Sony Ericsson T68i which I used intensively for more than three years, and the joystick was still a joy at the end. So it's not like the technology isn't ripe yet or anything...

Guest Paul [MVP]

The joystick feels and looks different on the C600 actually.

Since my SP5 has failed less than a month after purchase, wonder if I can just return it?

I've fallen out of love with it now :)

P

Guest guybrush

I had mine for 20 days now and sometimes if I press (press the joystick), it goes down... I have to press hard on it to register as an ... Also, pressing down does not respond sometimes... no good… no good at all…

Guest shadamehr

There was always a reason I liked the big bulky rocker on the C500 - because SmartPhones with a joystick always went 'dodgy' for me.

Oh NO - hope this is not gonna happen again.

Can HTC not do a decent joystick?

Guest chrisc28
There was always a reason I liked the big bulky rocker on the C500 - because SmartPhones with a joystick always went 'dodgy' for me.

Oh NO - hope this is not gonna happen again.

Can HTC not do a decent joystick?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I've encountered two problems with my SP5 already. First, the stupid "stuck in headset profile" issue. Solved that by giving the socket a hard blow. Then, the joystick issue (can't press down), but it seems to have corrected itself. I can't ask for an exchange or anything since my problems seem to have corrected itself after a couple of days (AI in HTC products, heh?).

My previous Voyager suffered EXACTLY the same issues and it, too managed to fix itself. What a weird phone.

is it a curse if most devices have it ?

or just a blessing on those that dont have the problem :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

probably a blessing if you dont have it , so far no problems but least paul has his C600 now :)

Hmm.. this HTC is actually building devices with CRAP quality... the dust, now the jostick.. i am starting to hate this company... too bad that htc is almost the only one company that produces devices with Windows Mobile OS :)...

Does HTC really don't care? Does htc really pi*ss on people's face? They just don't want (or don't know hotw to?) solve their annoying bugs...

what a brilliant phone but whit a super annoying bug.. :cry:

Edited by DSF

Guest tha_neo

Hi Paul!

I have the same problem with my joystick , that it doesnt work everytime i press it down (enter). And if I press on the wifi-button (on the side) and then choose wifi-settings it doesnt enter the wifi settings. is that what problem you had with yours?

I don´t have time to make a hardreset right now but i hope it´s only a software failure cause this started to happen just a couple a days after I got it...

but yours is working now right?

Weirdly, i've done a hard reset and that seems to have fixed it, together with some WiFi problems I was having.

A rogue app it seems!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest michehrlich
I know what you mean about it not likely to be software, but, well, it's fixed it, what can I say! :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's conceivable that it was a problem at the level of "hardware software" (like a driver, for example) -- that could conceivably be resolved by a hard reset.

But it would be likely to surface again, and I don't see hard resets as a solution -- anyone who has the time to re-do all the necessary settings and configurations on their Tornado every time they do a hard reset obviously doesn't really need one in the first place :D

Guest gilesjuk
Hmm.. this HTC is actually building devices with CRAP quality... the dust, now the jostick.. i am starting to hate this company... too bad that htc is almost the only one company that produces devices with Windows Mobile OS :)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their devices are cheap, compare SIM free prices of the SP5 to the Nokia N91, the Nokia is about £200 more.

While the SP5 feels more solid, the stick isn't as good as those on the T610 and later. I think even the T68 had a better stick.

Their devices are cheap, compare SIM free prices of the SP5 to the Nokia N91, the Nokia is about £200 more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So one can actually save 200 bucks and STILL avoid having to walk this planet with a Nokia in the pocket :D Sounds like one hell of deal to me :)

Edited by mwille

Guest Dark Horse

I think I must be the only one who actually thinks the rocker on the C500 is better than the stick. The rocker is big, chunky and reliable, you can't miss it and tactile feedback is good. In comparison, I find the stick a bit fussy and prone to move if an ant so much as coughs at 10 paces.

Regards,

Dark Horse