Curse of HTC Joystick returns?

Guest PaulOBrien

I prefer the rocker too.

It may be a 'pain in the thumb' after a period of game-playing, but you do get good, firm action and mine has never failed on me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of my C500's started to develop a problem with its rocker but the others have been all right.

Not sure I would be coating Nokia at the moment though - whats that on the horizon? The N80 you say? Boasting 3MP camera, mini-SD, WLAN, 3G, BT2, anything else of your shopping list???

whats that on the horizon? The N80 you say? Boasting 3MP camera, mini-SD, WLAN, 3G, BT2, anything else of your shopping list???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Windows Mobile 8) All the gadgetery of the world will never make up for Symbian :)

Yeah, Windows Mobile  8)  All the gadgetery of the world will never make up for Symbian  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that is a big down point. Least I won't have to deal with Activesync and sh*ttY BT though (Yeah, I know - I am praying they finally get NokiaPCSuite working at anything above a snails pace).

Still, I will think of you all when I am skyping away, downloading media from my home PC via WLAN, video calling, using my phone as a modem at broadband speeds, opening .pdf and Office files, listening to stereo audio on my BT headset, etc, etc, etc

Might still be tempted by the C600 but the feature set looks SO poor compared to recent Nokia efforts I am not sure that the benefits are good enough at the moment.

Guest shadamehr
I think I must be the only one who actually thinks the rocker on the C500 is better than the stick. The rocker is big, chunky and reliable, you can't miss it and tactile feedback is good. In comparison, I find the stick a bit fussy and prone to move if an ant so much as coughs at 10 paces.

Regards,

Dark Horse

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOPE - I agree with you too, as does Stu underneath your post.

But in my case it's because I don't like these clumsy, femour, SmartPhone joysticks at all.

A decent four way button with a mid action click would be MILES better, as per any Nokia phone for example...

Guest Disco Stu
A decent four way button with a mid action click would be MILES better, as per any Nokia phone for example...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The original SPV had exactly that too. Did we have a problem with it then ?

I do like the PPC D-pad 8)

So far my SP5 is bug free on the joystick problem only thing i hate is some installs made do not show up in the remove menu and active sync is the only way to remove it.

find the SP5 Joystick not as good as the C550 but the small rubber in the middle makes life easier :)