Disappearing Email Accounts

Guest Teajon

Dear All

New XDA Exec. For some reason or other, sometimes after a soft re-boot, sometime apparently for the hell of it, I seem to loose the email accounts that I have set up to get my pop 3 mail wirelessly.

There disappearance is a pain, as I have to re-enter all the email set up info to get access to the accounts again, but more annoyingly the original accounts still seem to be there, I just can get access to them. So if there were any unread emails left they still show up, I just can't get to them and in things like the O2 active interface they are still shown as accounts just not available

Yesterday it happened twice, leaving me with 6 email accounts apparently in existance, just I couldn't get access to them, and the machine wouldn't let me create any more as it apparently has a 6 email account limit. This resulted in needing a hard-reboot (and 1 account still showed up afterwards)

Its driving me mad!!!!!!

Any help or advice gratefully recieved on cures to the problem, or solutions to delete the accounts please

Jon

Guest gingerchef

Had a similar problem where my hotmail account disappears. Just vanashes from the list of available accounts.

1 of 2 things sorts this by either doing a soft reset, or going into Memory and stoping all running applications.

As for deleting an email account, go into e-mail and select menu, tools, options. A list of your email accounts will showup. use the stylus and hold it on the one you want to delete, after a couple of seconds the delete option should pop up. Select it and it should be deleted.

Hope this helps.

I read this somewhere: Bad Link.co.uk I think.

Before doing a soft-reset you sould power off the Universal and then power back on before soft-resetting.

The Power off apparently committs any temporary items held in RAM back to ROM.

Mike

I read this somewhere: Bad Link.co.uk I think.

Before doing a soft-reset you sould power off the Universal and then power back on before soft-resetting.

The Power off apparently committs any temporary items held in RAM back to ROM.

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does a guy power off the Universal?

I am finding that the MMS section of the Messaging app shows my Text Messages. So the same list of messages appears under MMS as under Text Messages. If a new Text Message arrives, it appears on the MMS page. If I delete a text from the Text Messages page, it vanishes from the MMS page.

Do Microsoft not test Windows Mobile? :)

Wizard

Wizzard,

Press the power button, the screen goes blank. I wait a few seconds and then press the power button again and the screen switches back on.

I've set up and deleted seveeral email accounts and had no problems. Just remember to switch off/on before doing any soft reset to save to ROM.

Mike

Guys

Sorry about htis but that didn't ework. Now had another 5 cases where emails accounts have disappeared, and indeed now it appears that the wm5 software has reverted to a previous version and I've lost the IMEI numbe!!!

Its getting worse. Any more idea please

Jon