How do you like your Contacts sorted?

Guest michehrlich

Guest michehrlich

For those who sync their Tornado with Outlook (which I presume most do, or why have one?!), here's something you might find valuable. I tried it and it works like a charm.

I found that almost all (but not all) of the entries in Contacts on my SP5 were sorted last-name-first. Not really to my liking. It turns out that is determined by what is in the "File As" field in the Contacts folder that you sync with -- most of my Contacts were "File As" last-name-first.

So what to do? Go through and change each one individually? Right -- like I have days of time to kill. So I found this. Once you set up this custom Outlook form, you can use it to set the "File As" field to any format you like! Then re-sync. Works like a charm!

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...&Product=ol2002

P.S. I advise: after you change the "File As" field, sync once with an empty Contacts folder (copy the contacts to somewhere else) to clear out the Contacts in your phone, then copy the contacts back into the Contacts folder and sync again. This means that ActiveSync just hast to write new contacts to your phone.