Vario Email Problem gwes.exe

Guest veef13

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have had a problem with the email wizard on their Varios?

Whenever I run it to setup my gmail email account it created the account, but when it comes to connect via GPRS/Wifi?usb passthru I get a "Windows Error Reporting" box come up saying that gwes.exe has become unresponsive blah blah blah....

Have hard reset a few times to see if it helps and done the email setup as soon as its booted... same problem... peeing me off!

This Windows Mobile 5 is too much like XP for my liking with error report etc lol... Uncle Bill knows its going to go wrong so allows us to be beta testers... Grr!

Rant over, any suggestions?

Cheers

Veef

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have had a problem with the email wizard on their Varios?

Whenever I run it to setup my gmail email account it created the account, but when it comes to connect via GPRS/Wifi?usb passthru I get a "Windows Error Reporting" box come up saying that gwes.exe has become unresponsive blah blah blah....

Have hard reset a few times to see if it helps and done the email setup as soon as its booted... same problem... peeing me off!

This Windows Mobile 5 is too much like XP for my liking with error report etc lol... Uncle Bill knows its going to go wrong so allows us to be beta testers... Grr!

Rant over, any suggestions?

Cheers

Veef

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

No suggestions at all from anyone?... Guess i'm the only one with this problem, damn!

Oh well, will just use IE to look at mails in the meantime...

Ta

Veef

Guest En_croute
Hi,

No suggestions at all from anyone?... Guess i'm the only one with this problem, damn!

Oh well, will just use IE to look at mails in the meantime...

Ta

Veef

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This seems to occur when I soft reset, and the wifi connection is OFF (by default), and so a connection fails.

Switch off reporting, and switch on wifi (if that's how you are connecting).

Not read the manual yet :) can you set it to on as default (and why does GPRS switch off when you touch the red hang-up button ? The MDA Compact required the button to be pressed for a few seconds.

• 4 months later...

yes I have this problem. I bought this device last week and already exchanged it yesterday with this issue. I thought the problem would be solved with this new device but doesnt appear so.

it is NOT a problem with WM5 but the t-mobile ROM.