SP5 Vs C600

Guest AaronW

Does anyone know how the two compare with functions and screen etc?

They say the display touches the glass on the C600??

I like the look of the C600 but as Orange have taken so long my only other option is the SP5 but how does the screen compare?

What would you rather have?

Guest trevormuk

I have just returned from a business trip to Lille. I popped in to an Orange shop while I was there ... and asked to see the C600... "yes sir, no problem " (but in French!) have them in stock for contract etc...

I can't compare it with the SP5.... but I can say it is a really gorgeous phone... really nice feel to it ... very smart styling... very flash.....

I was going to go with the P5 ... but I'm now going to wait for Orange UK to get thir ar*e in gear and get the C600 ... it really is a spectacular phone. I love my C500 but the c600 is even better...

HTH

Guest vwilsonuk
I have just returned from a business trip to Lille. I popped in to an Orange shop while I was there ... and asked to see the C600... "yes sir, no problem " (but in French!) have them in stock for contract etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I had accepted their excessive delays on the basis of testing the phone properly initially with early-release press type models, then to the larger business providers. But if its available in France for regular consumers, surely the handset must already have been proven by someone, somewhere in Orange.

So, I repeat my earlier question. WTF is going on, Orange????

(and I might repeat it over the phone soon too).

Interesting. I had accepted their excessive delays on the basis of testing the phone properly initially with early-release press type models, then to the larger business providers. But if its available in France for regular consumers, surely the handset must already have been proven by someone, somewhere in Orange.

So, I repeat my earlier question. WTF is going on, Orange????

(and I might repeat it over the phone soon too).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is they are too scared of bringing out the C600 incase it bothers the C550 xmas sales.

Guest trevormuk

I'm sure it would affect C550 sales ... the C600 is everything the C550 is and more... especially in ergonomics and styling.... it really is superb.

There is the issue of Wi-fi ... but then again ont he whole it is not crucial for most people....

Cheers

I think its a shame about wifi as i now use the wifi alot for updating my fizz traveller and having a quick look on modaco , before i got my SP5 i thought i would not use it but seeing the gprs costs disapear make wifi a needed factor on my phone even if the C600 looks cooler , as for the C550 thats still a good phone atleast it does run more software than the SP5/C600 if you like playing eclipse on your phone now then dont sell your old phone yet as it does not work :)

My guess is they are too scared of bringing out the C600 incase it bothers the C550 xmas sales.

From what i have seen over the spvc550, the only extra the c600 has is WM5, and i dont like the key layout in comparison with the c550.

The screen, everything is probably the same, so paying for WM5 is a bit naff. if it had Wifi then i would consider buying. :)

To be honest if you have a C550 the only reason for getting a C600 would be for the wm5 , the 2 are different the C550 is a music phone where as the C600 is an upgrade to the C500 not the C550 , if you have a C500 then the upgrade is worth while but not really for C550 owners , put in gstart and you get the same menus as a C600 wonder if orange have a C650 on the way :)

Guest harrysaab

SP5 is the best, c600 dont have wi-fi :-( otherwise it rocks too

To be honest if you have a C550 the only reason for getting a C600 would be for the wm5 , the 2 are different the C550 is a music phone where as the C600 is an upgrade to the C500 not the C550 , if you have a C500 then the upgrade is worth while but not really for C550 owners , put in gstart and you get the same menus as a C600 wonder if orange have a C650 on the way :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>