How do you use yours?

Guest sgeary

I was just wondering how people are taking advantage of the wifi??

My uses so far are obviously too see whos on MSN while im downstairs save my legs!!

And too stream Manchester key 103 so i can have a little dance in the batchroom in the morining.

The only way i have found too do this is grab the link off the internet paste it into a txt file and put that on my 9100 so i just open the text file and click the link which automatically opens it in mediaplayer.

There must be an easier way, does anyone know of an app which i can edit a list of radio staions and have a list of them in the app??

Guest spacemonkey

I use mine for the same reasons as GPRS, browsing gmail, MSN, movie timetables. I've just configured up all my friends wireless networks so who ever I'm visiting can give me fast bandwidth.

I use my wifi at home to check e-mail and surf the web. PocketWeather also automatically updates itself when the wifi is connected.

Guest TomaHawk

I would use it for internet, msn and brosing files on my newtwork.

but at the moment i am only using it for Gmail.

For some reson even if my Wifi is enabled an and active when ever i click on PIE it starts connecting to GPRS.

i can find a settign to set wifi to deafault anywhere.

email works fine. also i cant see shared files on network using resoc file explorer which i could o nthe x50V

any ideas.

Guest adchaffey
I would use it for internet, msn and brosing files on my newtwork.

but at the moment i am only using it for Gmail.

For some reson even if my Wifi is enabled an and active when ever i click on PIE it starts connecting to GPRS.

i can find a settign to set wifi to deafault anywhere.

email works fine. also i cant see shared files onĀ  network using resoc file explorer which i could o nthe x50V

any ideas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you turn on WiFi and then click the Wifi symbol in the top bar, click settings, go to connections and go to the advanced tab, click select networks make sure that "My Home Network" is selected in the first list.

I have to set this to T-Mobile Internet to connect to GPRS, my phone won't connect to GPRS unless I change this. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work but suits me. No chance of my phone connecting to GPRS when there's an unprotected Wifi network around!

Guest TomaHawk
If you turn on WiFi and then click the Wifi symbol in the top bar, click settings, go to connections and go to the advanced tab, click select networks make sure that "My Home Network" is selected in the first list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks!! i had to elect work network rather than home but i think thats what you ment?

i have never seen "home network" on a PPC before.

thats weird you have to change it for GPRS youd of thought it would have a default then a secondary option

Guest adchaffey
thanks!! i had to elect work network rather than home but i think thats what you ment?

i have never seen "home network" on a PPC before.

thats weird you have to change it for GPRS youd of thought it would have a default then a secondary option

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooops it is "Work Network"! Silly me, but I agree it should have a secondary option. Just like on your home PC when It can dial a connection when you don't have a networked internet connection. Surely that would have made much more sense!

Ah well, found plenty of networks to connect to anyway to keep the data bills down!

When I do finally get my wifi device (within the next month fingers crossed) I will use it for internet anywhere in the house/garden and also internet in my mates houses as they always tend to hog the PC !!

Guest radiator

Mainly for t'internet/email...although I did manage (once) to stream my MP3's from my PC (connected the phone to my speakers in the lounge) - for some reason I can't get it to work again :-(

Mainly for t'internet/email...although I did manage (once) to stream my MP3's from my PC (connected the phone to my speakers in the lounge) - for some reason I can't get it to work again :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what app did you use to stream your mp3s??

Guest adchaffey
Well, I managed to browse my PC's shared files using Resco Explorer, and then used TCPMP to stream them across the WiFi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can also use Orb (www.orb.com) to stream from your home PC. It streams accross the internet so isn't as fast network streaming, but it's nice and easy to use, and I've found it works well.

Guest DJ Big D

I use mine for the same thing m8 cant be bothered walking upstairs lol

With regards to playing the radio, click this link & u can download a trial version. I dont kno how long for but u can paste ur links into here & save them as favourites. Ther are also some other Dance/House stations already ther which are pretty nifty, neway heres the link :)

http://www.clickapps.com/download.htm?pvid=3049

Hope this helps :D

Guest TomaHawk
Well, I managed to browse my PC's shared files using Resco Explorer, and then used TCPMP to stream them across the WiFi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did exactly this on my old device but i cant see my network on my vario with resco.

Surfing the net (which will be so much better when the mobile version of Modaco is working :) ), File sharing on my network, remote access to PC's upstairs and video/audio streaming.