USB Port Broken - Be Aware

Guest MSPENCE

Guest MSPENCE

Hi All..Thought I should share my experience in the hope that it might save anyone else the hassle and stress of having a broken M5000.

I have just discovered that the USB Port / Charging socket has broken on my M5000. It has come loose and fallen inside the device meaning it can't be charged etc. Luckily after a 35 minute call to Orange care they have agreed to replace it free of charge.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I have really looked after the device and was shocked that it had broken?! Anyway be gentle when syncing and charging.

That sounds like a huge bug!! :evil: hope it is a one off..

I noticed the usb slot is hanging on the motherboard (solderd) and not being supported by the casing so it could be that it breaks of if you presure it whilst taking out the usb cable.

I will be very careful from now on just in case..

Thanxs for posting.

Hi All..Thought I should share my experience in the hope that it might save anyone else the hassle and stress of having a broken M5000.

I have just discovered that the USB Port / Charging socket has broken on my M5000. It has come loose and fallen inside the device meaning it can't be charged etc. Luckily after a 35 minute call to Orange care they have agreed to replace it free of charge.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I have really looked after the device and was shocked that it had broken?! Anyway be gentle when syncing and charging.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest adamski
That sounds like a huge bug!!  :evil: hope it is a one off.. 

I noticed the usb slot is hanging on the motherboard (solderd) and not being supported by the casing so it could be that it breaks of if you presure it whilst taking out the usb cable.

I will be very careful from now on just in case..

Thanxs for posting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My m5000 arrived like that!!

Awaiting number two now.......