T-Mobile MDA Vario, Thinking of leaving Orange

Guest welshgaz

Guest welshgaz

I'm on Orange and have been for ages. Saw the T-Mobile MDA Vario on Coolsmartphone and decided it was for me.

Anyone here got one? What do you think about it? I've got an SPV C500 at the moment and really don't want to wait for the C600!

Is it any good as a normal phone and is it that much bigger than say my C500.

Thanks

Welshgaz

8)

I'm on Orange and have been for ages. Saw the T-Mobile MDA Vario on Coolsmartphone and decided it was for me.

Anyone here got one? What do you think about it? I've got an SPV C500 at the moment and really don't want to wait for the C600!

Is it any good as a normal phone and is it that much bigger than say my C500.

Thanks

Welshgaz

8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just moved from Orange to T Mobile with a MDA Vario, Orange did not have a Wizard equivalent and the Web and Walk was very cheap even if it is 18 months, depends what you want it will be bigger than a C500 / C600 but it has Wi Fi and a great keyboard for texting / mails and instant messsages, and is still very pocketable, I came from a Sony ericsson P910i so the Vario is pretty much the same size but the p910i was better at being a phone and the Vario is better a being a PDA.

Guest welshgaz
Just moved from Orange to T Mobile with a MDA Vario, Orange did not have a Wizard equivalent and the Web and Walk was very cheap even if it is 18 months, depends what you want it will be bigger than a C500 / C600 but it has Wi Fi and a great keyboard for texting / mails and instant messsages, and is still very pocketable, I came from a Sony ericsson P910i so the Vario is pretty much the same size but the p910i was better at being a phone and the Vario is better a being a PDA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eyecam, how is the battery life on the vario? with my job I am out of the office most of th day and cant recharge it apart from at home. I dont plan on having wireless on all the time, but if its bad then its going to have to be a no and I'll wiat for the c600

thanks for the reply.

welshgaz

Guest Phil Lee

You might find it better to post this question in the Wizard forum. I'm very happy with my swicth from the C500 to the Vario (Wizard). There are some minor teething problems but that appears to be down to the PPC software not being fully WM5 compatible.

Guest Pondrew
You might find it better to post this question in the Wizard forum. I'm very happy with my swicth from the C500 to the Vario (Wizard). There are some minor teething problems but that appears to be down to the PPC software not being fully WM5 compatible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thread moved...

Guest PayableOnDeath

Am thinking about getting the Vario too from T-Mobile

been reading the people have been having problems with getting it from mobileshop.com, which is a shame if people cant get it delivered from them as I was going it from them on the web and talk and free Vario which the T-Mobile Site dont seem to do that :) or even get it on web n walk, Do you think if I went to a T-mobile shop/phoned them up I could get the same deal as what mobileshop.com is doing?

or even get it on web n walk, Do you think if I went to a T-mobile shop/phoned them up I could get the same deal as what mobileshop.com is doing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you call them I think you can get a free vario and 12 months half price on web'n'walk 18month contract.

I've got a kjam and find the battery life far better than i was expecting, coming from an axim x30 and a c500, using the axim for a few hours the battery life would prob drop down to 25% quite quick and was expecting about the same from my wizard and to prob have to charge it sometime during the day or swap the battery or somthing. My C500 i used to be able to get 2 days out of without charging, admitably i'm not a heavy phone user but i do use it quite a bit each day. If i didnt use the wifi on my wizard i could prob get 2 days out of it. most days i have the wifi on for bits of surfing tho so by the end of the day the battery is about 50% so i normally charge it overnight. i can quite easy use the phone or a day on a full charge and then surf the net on wifi for 2 hours say before it starts to warn about low battery (at 25% i think)

Overall i'm very happy with the device, its not "fast" but always usable and considering the 200mhz cpu its as quick if not quicker than i was expecting, i've not filled it with loads of apps yet but i have the ones i need on it (PI, pocketbreeze, contactbreeze, gprs monitor, tcpmp, flexwallet, resco explorer etc)

hope this helps some of you decide. any questions let me know

Dean

Guest PayableOnDeath
If you call them I think you can get a free vario and 12 months half price on web'n'walk 18month contract.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh just seen it on there site, it wasnt showing up before :?:

once I get my PAC code of orange i will be ordering :)

Guest breezy69
yeh just seen it on there site, it wasnt showing up before  :?:

once I get my PAC code of orange i will be ordering :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Order it first then get your PAC code from Orange. No problems doing it that way, I just called T-mobile back and gave them the code later in day.

Guest DancingMatt
Am thinking about getting the Vario too from T-Mobile

been reading the people have been having problems with getting it from mobileshop.com, which is a shame if people cant get it delivered from them as I was going it from them on the web and talk and free Vario which the T-Mobile Site dont seem to do that :) or even get it on web n walk, Do you think if I went to a T-mobile shop/phoned them up I could get the same deal as what mobileshop.com is doing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can, please give Mobileshop.com a call on 0845 345 5000 and see if they give you a definite date when they could send you a Vario - maybe you'll have more luck. It's possible they're just holding back on my order.

I can tell you now I've tried 5 places and no one will price match their offer..

If you can, please give Mobileshop.com a call on 0845 345 5000 and see if they give you a definite date when they could send you a Vario - maybe you'll have more luck. It's possible they're just holding back on my order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can confirm mobileshop are now out of stock. I have just returned a faulty Vario and the earliest guestimate for replacement is 'next week'.

BTW, mobileshop have a freephone number 0800 458 5560. Don't pay 0845 rates to place or follow up orders.

eyecam, how is the battery life on the vario? with my job I am out of the office most of th day and cant recharge it apart from at home. I dont plan on having wireless on all the time, but if its bad then its going to have to be a no and I'll wiat for the c600

thanks for the reply.

welshgaz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The battery life is good the phone is lasting a day at the moment and I keep on fiddling with it. I also use a lot of wifi and GPRS to sync my mail every 15 minutes. If I switched all the toys off and just used it for calls I reckon it would last a couple of days at least.

Guest nicktids

hi i'm about to do the same go and get the tmobile vario, changing from orange to this as its a great phone and i just want it.

There is one MASSIVE question that i must have the answer to before getting it. Does the phone vibrate when someone rings, as i saw on one site that it doesn't and i don't think i could stand a phone that didn't vibrate.

Guest Peppermint Hippo
hi i'm about to do the same go and get the tmobile vario, changing from orange to this as its a great phone and i just want it.

There is one MASSIVE question that i must have the answer to before getting it.  Does the phone vibrate when someone rings, as i saw on one site that it doesn't and i don't think i could stand a phone that didn't vibrate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does indeed vibrate. Quite potent as well :)

Guest Peppermint Hippo
thankyou so much for your reply off 2moro to get one, on the web and walk 200 with a free bluetooth headset

This is where my info came from for the lack of vibration the actual t mobile site

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?nmid=..._phones_details

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs mate.

How odd that they put that on thir website!