XDA Mini S on O2

Guest alwoodman

Guest alwoodman

in relation to This post

Was wondering if anybody knows for sure that the XDA Mini S on O2 is limited to Wireless b? could you also confirm that the phone is capable of g which i am reading on some sites but they have locked it down on O2, reckon they'll switch it on in a future update?

Its still causing some minor grief with the router in the house, can read my earlier post here

Cheers!

Lee

Edited by alwoodman

Guest pwoodhouse

my xda mini s connects to my 802.11G network just fine, have also had it on an 802.1b network at work today no problems.

It is Sim unlocked as well, currently using my Orange sim card in it until my numbers ported to O2 next week.

Guest RichardD
my xda mini s connects to my 802.11G network just fine

Don't most g networks slow to accomodate slower devices when required ?

Had this back from o2 about 30 mins ago.

Hello,

Thank you for your email,

As with all our XDA range, they all have Pocket Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and also a PDF viewer.

The XDA range also use the 802.11b and not g this is down to the design of the units,

and not an O2 directive, all XDA or HTC devices currently run on the 11mbps.

This phone will be added to our XDA site in the coming days / weeks.

Regards,

O2 Customer Technical Support UK

Edited by RichardD

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

My KJAM will connect to my router when its in forced 802.11G mode. And RichardD - yes, my understanding is that mixed mode access points will only run as fast as the slowest device can handle.

Guest alwoodman

In my experience...we have a G only router at work and the XDA MIni says it can;t get an IP address...its an open network so it couldn;t be simpler to connect but it refuses. and yes if its a mixed network it'll only run as fast as the slowest device on the network.

I have a mixed b & g network at home and it connects fine there

Lee

Edited by alwoodman

Guest battletank
In my experience...we have a G only router at work and the XDA MIni says it can;t get an IP address...its an open network so it couldn;t be simpler to connect but it refuses. and yes if its a mixed network it'll only run as fast as the slowest device on the network.

I have a mixed b & g network at home and it connects fine there

Lee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep - the commonly accepted knowledge is that the T-Mobile Vario and the O2 mini s both have only B support. This is a ROM issue - having reflashed my Vario with a KJam ROM, I'm now able to connect to my domestic G-Only network, which was perviously inaccessible.