Knackered M5000 (or is it a network issue?)

Guest ukdaves

Guest ukdaves

Hiya,

Well, got to admit, I actually like my M5000 - it's great for work, and overall, things have been OK ... erm, apart from the fact that I'd like to use it as a phone & 3G device!

Oops. something's obviously gone wrong there..

Three issues.

1. The signal strength - it's pretty appalling - although I have read similar elsewhere on here - does anyone know if it's unit specific, or just a general 'bug' awaiting a ROM update. I'm fed up of being cut off mid-call in OK signal areas.

2. The really critical one :roll: Connecting to GPRS/3G was fine when I got the device, but now it hardly connects at all. I can have nearly full signal (if I'm lucky..!), and it just spends its time going through a connect.. still trying to connect.. cycle until it gives up. I'd say it works about 1 in 10 - usually cuts out shortly afterwards.

Tried resets, flight mode - doesn't make a blind bit of difference...

3. Bluetooth with a sony ericsson HBH-662 - the sound crackles unless the phone is almost next to the headset - some kind of signal issue?

Is this the time to ask for a replacement?

Hey, WLAN works OK though :)

All help appreciated!

Best,

dave*

Hiya,

Well, got to admit, I actually like my M5000 - it's great for work, and overall, things have been OK ... erm, apart from the fact that I'd like to use it as a phone & 3G device!

Oops. something's obviously gone wrong there..

Three issues.

1. The signal strength - it's pretty appalling - although I have read similar elsewhere on here - does anyone know if it's unit specific, or just a general 'bug' awaiting a ROM update. I'm fed up of being cut off mid-call in OK signal areas.

2. The really critical one  :roll: Connecting to GPRS/3G was fine when I got the device, but now it hardly connects at all. I can have nearly full signal (if I'm lucky..!), and it just spends its time going through a connect.. still trying to connect.. cycle until it gives up. I'd say it works about 1 in 10 - usually cuts out shortly afterwards.

Tried resets, flight mode - doesn't make a blind bit of difference...

3. Bluetooth with a sony ericsson HBH-662 - the sound crackles unless the phone is almost next to the headset - some kind of signal issue?

Is this the time to ask for a replacement?

Hey, WLAN works OK though  :)

All help appreciated!

Best,

dave*

You are not alone!!

I have an M5000 and if I have a full signal and 'U' coverage I can try to connect to the net and the signal will gradually drop down until there is no service. The connection fails then I get full coverage again.

Mid call I often have to re-dial. Im getting a replacement tomorrow, lets see how that goes!

Guest vampyre69

got to say the reception is generaly crap companred to all other orange phones in the same vacinity.

if its out of service it takes an unacceptable amount of time to obtain a signal again, other than that its a great piece of kit maybe this problem will be sorted in an upgrade? (I HOPE)