Wifi Timeout?

Guest xspyda

Browsing quite happily on the home wireless network with a Qtek 9100 but having a minor issue.

Is there a timeout setting for the connection somewhere that I'm missing? Reason I ask this is that when spending time idle after connecting to the network (whilst reading a forum or writing this post for example) I find that although the status bar indicates no change in the connection, there is a delay between hitting the next link and the page actually appearing. To all intents and purposes it appears that the connection has timed out. It does reconnect but takes a good 20 seconds or so - very annoying.

I would not have thought I would need to use any keepalive tool on a wireless network. Anyone experiencing the same?

correct you need to adjust the timeout in the wifi settings , it switches off when the screen goes out and if there is no internet being used , it does that to save the phones battery as wifi i have seen does drain the battery :)

correct you need to adjust the timeout in the wifi settings , it switches off when the screen goes out and if there is no internet being used , it does that to save the phones battery as wifi i have seen does drain the battery :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you are saying the wifi connection drops when the backlight on the phone goes out (according to the backlight settings)?

All I changed was the slider that (from memory) changes from Best Battery to Best Wifi performace. After setting to the latter, no connection dropping.