Wizard cell monitoring (?) page

Guest lekus

One of my posts on the 2nd page of this thread mentions some registry keys that appear to enable a secret settings page for the Wizard.

1) Goto this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\EngineerMode

2) Set the following value to 1:

BuildInEngineeringModeApp

3) Soft-reset your Wizard.

4) When it's rebooted dial *#*#364#*#* to access a secret HTC settings/monitoring page/app called "GSM Test Mode", that doesn't appear to actually do anything (on my Vario at least).

5) You've wasted 5 minutes for little reward.

6) Maybe you have to be in a call or using EDGE/GPRS to notice it do anything.

^^ Tried making a call, didn't make it work.

Edited by lekus

• 1 month later...
One of my posts on the 2nd page of this thread mentions some registry keys that appear to enable a secret settings page for the Wizard.

1) Goto this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\EngineerMode

2) Set the following value to 1:

BuildInEngineeringModeApp

3) Soft-reset your Wizard.

4) When it's rebooted dial *#*#364#*#* to access a secret HTC settings/monitoring page/app called "GSM Test Mode", that doesn't appear to actually do anything (on my Vario at least).

5) You've wasted 5 minutes for little reward.

6) Maybe you have to be in a call or using EDGE/GPRS to notice it do anything.

^^ Tried making a call, didn't make it work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone figured this out yet... is there any reg files that need to be activated too??

I really want to get this too work!!

Has anyone figured this out yet... is there any reg files that need to be activated too??

I really want to get this too work!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling that for it to actually do anything would require the Wizard to be flashed with a WM2005 ROM that had some sort of 'engineering' extras (probably HTC specific) built into it. Such a program would act as a messenger between the GSM hardware and this GSM test page but would be removed when the final ROM was ready for release.

On the other hand it could be that some sort of debugging model of Wizard is needed, that contains extra hardware to allow this GSM monitor/tester to access GSM info. It may even be just a few traces to the Wizard's chipset that need connecting in 'retail' model Wizards; what with the GSM stuff being integrated into the chip package.

I have a feeling that for it to actually do anything would require the Wizard to be flashed with a WM2005 ROM that had some sort of 'engineering' extras (probably HTC specific) built into it. Such a program would act as a messenger between the GSM hardware and this GSM test page but would be removed when the final ROM was ready for release.

On the other hand it could be that some sort of debugging model of Wizard is needed, that contains extra hardware to allow this GSM monitor/tester to access GSM info. It may even be just a few traces to the Wizard's chipset that need connecting in 'retail' model Wizards; what with the GSM stuff being integrated into the chip package.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lekus,

I'm not so sure.. I hope it's easier than what your saying although you could well be right....

It's like the newer nokias (S60) - nobody eg nokia would help with setting up netmonitor on these phones but there is a couple of apps that do the job... the main one being fieldtest.... fi anyone needs details on where to get this let me know.

Anyway i've still got a few ideas up my sleeve to try and getting gsm test mode working. or at least trying to find out why it doesn't...

In the mean time any updates anyone please post...!

cheers ;)