Bluetake Introduces New BT Stereo Headphones

Guest Disco Stu

Guest Disco Stu

source : GeekZone

Bluetake has released a new version of their Bluetooth Stereo headphones with A2DP (Advanded Audio Distribution Profile) support.

The new model measures on 44 x 37 x 20 mm (1.73 x 1.46 x 0.79 in.) and weighs only 44 g (1.55 oz.) including battery. This compact design is different from the sports tagged neck-back sports design used in Bluetake's previous headphones.

the i-PHONO mini headphone allows users to anwser or make a phone call while listening to music. Besides the Bluetooth A2DP for stereo wireless transmission and the Bluetooth HSP/HFP for handsfree communication, the i-PHONO mini headphone also supports Bluetooth AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile), meaning consumes can use the i-PHONO mini headphone remote control (ex. Play, Pause, Next, Previous...) media device if the paired source also supports AVRCP.

Bluetake is amking available two stereo dongles to allow non-Bluetooth music players to transmit stereo music over Bluetooth, including a stereo dongle BT430Tx with the standard headphone plug, and a Bluetooth stereo transmitter BT450Tx for the Apple iPod with the topside remote port. The iPod version allows users to receive stereo music and bridges the remote control from the headphone to the Apple iPod.

For Windows users Bluetake is offering the BT007Si Bluetooth USB adapter with A2DP support.

post-4510-1132872723_thumb.jpg

Product homepage

Plea : technically-minded member to check the spec :)

Guest Gorskar

This looks really nice!

Theres an iPod adapter I see. The animation sort of implies this, but does anyone know:

If I have the adapter on my iPod, can I be listening to music from my iPod, but then the device is still pared to my phone too so I can take calls (interupting the iPod music for a bit) and then go back to it when the call is finished!

If so then how much do they cost, and where can I lay my mitts on one!

Guest Socrates
This looks really nice!

Theres an iPod adapter I see. The animation sort of implies this, but does anyone know:

If I have the adapter on my iPod, can I be listening to music from my iPod, but then the device is still pared to my phone too so I can take calls (interupting the iPod music for a bit) and then go back to it when the call is finished!

If so then how much do they cost, and where can I lay my mitts on one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about this pair, but in another thread we posted that the manufacturer confirmed that the Sonorix 110's can do that.

Guest sjeemsnl

Erm might be silly question..

I'm not realy into the bluetooth stuff..

would this work with the Qtek9090 (aka HTC Blue Angel / M2000 and some other names) :??:

Cause this looks like a nice christmas / Sinterklaas gift to myself...

Hope anyone can help me on this one or if it isnt compatible tell me what to get that would work with my ppc :)

tnx in advance!

grtz,

Sjeems

Guest sjeemsnl
95% sure it wont...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tnx Monolithix for the quick reply :D

erm and why wont it work? I ask this because I am looking for other devices that will do the same..

like this one

Or is it just impossible? (u'll save me a lot of time with searching and going back to the store :) )

tnx in advance!

Guest roma0803

From the Qtek9090 specs:

v1.1 class 2 (incl. handsfree profile)

So no A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for stereo sound. You will need this profile for the good use of those headsets. It seems the next WM5 ROM update will also have A2DP profile and is sheduled for the beginning of 2006 (but you know how that might go....) I don't know what PPC devices have this profile already but now you know what it needs and what to look for.

Edited by roma0803

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yep - A2DP is supposed to be supported in the Microsoft Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) for WM5, its a bit like the service packs they do for Windows. All current WM5 and 2003/se devices will not support stereo blutooth afaik. I've tried some motorola BT stereo headphone on my KJAM (running WM5), which work fine as hands free, but the KJAM will not pump my mp3's through them.

Guest Pondrew

I can't confirm it but Paul [MVP] suggested that there was a High Audio Quality patch for the HTC Blue Angel and it's Broadcom bluetooth stack that would allow use of stereo bluetooth headphones. Presumably the Broadcom stack is capable but needs this patch...

The thread suggesting this is here

Guest sjeemsnl

Tnx all for the quick and helpfull replys.

I'm going to have a look into it and I'll let u know my findings..

Won't be a christmas present anymore though.. Might get it as a new years gift to myself if it turns out to work :)

I'll let u all know, or if u hear someone that got it working please let me know :-)

grtz,

Sjeems

Guest sjeemsnl

Hi back with a little question again..

can anyone tell me where I can see what bluetooth version my rom has got?

Cant find it under settings => Device informaton..

Hope u can help me once again :)

grtz,

Sjeems

Guest Pondrew

@sjeemsnl, on the today screen click on bluetooth and choose bluetooth settings, then about. It'll say there which version Bluetooth you've got (probably BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 3900 which is the latest version)

Guest Disco Stu

Wire goes round back of neck....somewhere to hang the set when not in use ?

My frustration with wired sets is, particularly this week, that the volume / mic piece is catching in my clothes and self-adjusting the volume and de-lugholing itself :evil:

This would appear to be a good solution 8)

Guest sjeemsnl
@sjeemsnl, on the today screen click on bluetooth and choose bluetooth settings, then about. It'll say there which version Bluetooth you've got (probably BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 3900 which is the latest version)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tnx Pondrew. I've nerer looked in the about of the bluetooth settings.

And you were absolutely right about the bluetooth version :-)

Oh about that thread and patch u were talking about. Could u tell me what and or how I could get and install?

grtz,

Sjeems

,Nov 29 2005, 20:35]Am I missing the point, or is this a bit stupid by still actually having a wire? :|

the wire appears to just go between the 2 headphones, not back to the unit

but I agree it seems a little odd :S

Edited by muff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.