2GB and 4GB MiniSD Cards confirmed

Guest roma0803

Guest lapimate
... but will it work in a c500? ...

I installed a SanDisk 2.0GB miniSD in my i-mate SP3 (aka HTC Typhoon, C500 etc). Full size is recognised by the 'phone. I use it to store some program executables, but mainly data in particular Repligo-processed documents and also NZ map files for Memory-Map Navigator for Smartphone (about 1.5GB). Initially I (attempted to) transfer the files from the existing 256MB miniSD in the 'phone to the new 2GB miniSD (inserted into its SD carrier and then into Panasonic CF-R1N laptop's built-in SD slot) by Bluetooth-ActiveSync (4.1). I attempted to transfer whole folders at once. That didn't work too well for me - there were no warning or error messages but I discovered not all files were transferred. Tidied the copying manually. Then to transfer the Memory-Map Navigator map files I did the copying by inserting the new 2GB miniSD into the CF-R1N and copying those folders directly (ie no Bluetooth-ActiveSync involvement), then replaced it in the SP3 (and had to reset the clock).

• 4 months later...
Guest james_h_winters

i'm such a dolt... i forgot to update my profile. i'm actually using an imate sp5m for almost half a year now... probably the best phone i have ever laid hands on. i was fooling around with an axia a108 recently... not really my cup of tea. it had too many bugs to bother with (though i must admit that the stylus/touchscreen on such a small device was very appealing). but i'd rather stick with my sp5m any time.

now, if only i had a 4GB miniSD... maybe i could order it from HERE :rolleyes:

But your profile shows you have an E200 which isn't quite as 'cool'.......

Guest roma0803
i'm such a dolt... i forgot to update my profile. i'm actually using an imate sp5m for almost half a year now... probably the best phone i have ever laid hands on. i was fooling around with an axia a108 recently... not really my cup of tea. it had too many bugs to bother with (though i must admit that the stylus/touchscreen on such a small device was very appealing). but i'd rather stick with my sp5m any time.

now, if only i had a 4GB miniSD... maybe i could order it from HERE :rolleyes:

Or try here