Removing Programs..almost never gets fully removed

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

When I uninstall a program, it almost never gets fully removed. I need to go and remove the app folder maunally.

Also, when I install cab files from my SD....they dont get deleted after the install.

Is there a problem with the SD being locked in some way?

It depends on the app itself if it creates extra data after its installed then the folder will remain, but its not only left on the sd card if you look under storage / windows /appmgr you will see the application name in a map , the only way i have found to delete this is through the computer , its a pain as these folders add up in data after a while :|

Guest nickcornaglia

Another problem is if the program is running, it has trouble deleting as well.

WM5 has a new little feature that says something like: Not all of the program components have been removed do you wigh to remove it from the list anyway?

But there is a problem in the remove programs functionality....I know it. Evident by cab files not being deleted after installation either.

Same here. Often when I try to remove applications it is never a clean uninstall. The worst thing is that it doesn't free up the storage memory, as the files are still left on the phone. It makes no difference if I uninstall the app via activesync on the computer or on the phone itself, I still get this problem.

What's most irratating is that the only way to free up the storage memory is to do a hard reset!! Which is a nightmare as I have to recustomise the phone and install all the apps and unlock the phone again.. very tedious..

i don't remember having this problem with the SP3i.

Problem i have with windows mobile 5 is that if i install some games and then want to remove them ( mainly because they do not work ) the name of the game is missing from the remove programmes list which is a pain as i must then link the phone to the computer to remove it through active sync

Guest Pondrew
...But there is a problem in the remove programs functionality....I know it. Evident by cab files not being deleted after installation either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you say Windows Mobile 5 for Smartphone no longer removes cab files after installing them? Well guess what, ever since I've moved to Pocket PC Phone edition I've wondered why it doesn't remove the cab files after installing! And that's with Windows Mobile 2003SE Pocket PC Phone Edition. Sounds like Windows Mobile 5.0 has taken this feature from Windows Mobile 2003SE PPC PE.

It's not so bad really, can actually be handy to keep some cabs on your storage card in case you need them... (GPRS settings, tweaks, etc)

Guest chrisc28

Just a curious thought. Maybe it has to do with the Cab Wizard we use for creating the cab files. I noticed my old cab files would do this, but my new ones made with VS2005's SmartDevices toolkit doesn't. It actually removes the files properly and deletes the cab files upon installation.