Free msn messenger

Guest Thumper Net

While searching the internet shops for applications that run on my SP5 i came across a nice little freeware application that runs msn messenger BUT has all the icons and smiles , something the built in msn does not have , its called emsn and is a java application.

For more info and to download go to Handango.com

prodemsn65_w90.gif

Works on all the smartphones that have built in java :)

the smiley's were kept out for alot of reasons:

performance

its meant to be "mobile" - not the full thing like on the PC

storage requirements

COST of sending smileys in terms of price over GPRS... graphics require alot more "bandwidth" than just text

Thanks for that though - good to know for people who have alot of GPRS on their tariff :)

Edited by Tech

Dont know if it sends smileys but displays them , the reason i posted here is most would use the wifi on their phones ( unless your a C600 user )and i remember paul complaining he did not have the smiley displayed on his msn messenger , on gprs all internet is expensive sadly :)

Guest chrisc28

The smileys are not actually "sent". The software is supposed to replace any instances of ":-)" with the smiley symbol. That's usually what happens in most phones. I'm sure it is an easy feature to implement in MSN Messenger Mobile, but was somehow forgotten.

Guest gilesjuk
the smiley's were kept out for alot of reasons:

performance

its meant to be "mobile" - not the full thing like on the PC

storage requirements

COST of sending smileys in terms of price over GPRS... graphics require alot more "bandwidth" than just text

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends, if they're custom smileys then these are transmitted as binary data. But the other smileys are just sent as text and so there is no extra data charges, the MSN app just looks for the string and replaces it with a graphic.