Google Local For Mobiles

Guest 35fan

Has anyone had success with loading this software? www.google.com/glm. Search, mapping, directions, local search on your mpx220.

I tried to download the software to my phone, but keep getting message the the file is not found on the server. MPX220 with Cingular.

Located the file at http://www.google.com/glm/apps/v1.0.0/gmap...rola-MPx220.jad

Downloaded file to my pc and active-sync and copied it to my phone. Of course it didn't work. Not sure where to place it or how to make it active.

Any help?

Guest shadamehr

Well, the .jad extension is a dead giveaway, as they are JAVA files...

So to run those applications, you need a Java Client on your phone, and I am not sure all SmartPhones come with java on the phone?

Even then, you might need to install it first etc.

Guest skippythenurse

I actually downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. Its not that bad, could be faster though. I used it to find a shortcut to my girlfriends house the other day because it was raining and traffic everywhere. The maps are actually accurate and you can have map mode and satellite mode. Plus it has the cool feature of givin you directions, that is also slow.

I am also MPx220 on Cingular, so I don't know why you weren't able to get it. But good luck.

Guest skippythenurse
i tryed, but this error message occurs :  string was not found !

whyyy ? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know....

Are all you internet settings correct? You didn't by any chance messed around with the Java on your phone did you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest deadpool7372

This works great for me but one question.

To use the program I have to go to:

Start-->Accessories-->Java-->Google Local

I would like to create a short cut under the Start but I can’t figure out how since its a Java application. I create short cuts for games or other executables just fine.

Any advice?