Questions

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

Hey im new to the smartphone side so forgive me if i seem stupid

1.) will MSN and IE be expencive to run, and when orange sometimes offers free wap browsing will the programs above be free as well?

2.) The C550 will come with a tv cable (i think) can I view on the tv using the phono sockets what im doing on my phone with this?

3.) MSN and IE will that run slowly when browsing/talking fact that the C550 is not 3G.

4.) When taking a picture does what your viewing fill the whole screen.

5.) When using the video camera is there a pointless restriction or can your record till your memory card/phones memory is full?

6.) does any1 know of freeware phone software that will run .doc files

I am getting this phone in a few days so i want to be ready for it

WOW this forum is incredible

Edited by mini_man

Welcome mini_man

1 The C550 can be application unlocked usinng the developers site.

2 Not sure on the TV cable question

3 GPRS on 2G network is not as fast as GPRS on the 3G network but it's fine for using pocket IE and websites optimised for mobile devices.

4 Not the whole screen but it fills left to right (240 wide) with gaps at the top an bottom of the screen which used for menu and information display.

5 You can opt that photo's and videos use your SD card for storage. I don't think there are any restictions in video but I've never tested it for a great length of time.

6 I don't know of any freeware to read doc files.

7 You can use a GPRS monitor to track usage. If you have free WAP then MSN and IE will be free if you are using APN orangwap.

I'm sure you will like the phone when it arrives :)