bought new c550, now in USA, can't unlock/use

Guest jrinco11

Guest jrinco11

hey ya'll, i recently bought a new c550 off ebay, and i'm in the USA and only have a tmobile sim -- I am not able to get past the "invalid or missing sim card" screen (even if i click "done"), or the "network is locked, please input unlock code" with the sim card in...

what do i do? thanks for any/all help!!!

u gotta get hold of an orange sim card, app unlock the phone, and then sim unlock the phone over the internet.

The app unlock needs 2 be done so that software can be installed for the sim unlock.

Guest jrinco11
u gotta get hold of an orange sim card, app unlock the phone, and then sim unlock the phone over the internet.

The app unlock needs 2 be done so that software can be installed for the sim unlock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there no way to get a SP registry editor that works on the computer side?

Guest hari-bhari

I have tried anything and everything I could find here on the site but I cannot seem to get my c550 unlocked for use with t-mobile usa. Without the simcard in, it says 'invalid or missing sim', and when i put the card in, it asks for the unlock code. what to do?? please help!

so is it actually possible to sim and app unlock the c550? i managed it with my current c500 but i am tempted to sell up and get the c550 if i can get it to work with o2 like i have my c500.

also with the c550 can u actually bluetooth 'out' without using software such as smart explorer?

Guest Goose Whisperer
also with the c550 can u actually bluetooth 'out' without using software such as smart explorer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bluetooth seems very toublesome !

I couldn't get it to work, returned to the Orange Shop they couldn't either and frequently crashed the phone trying.

One 'phone trainer' did quietly mention Smart Explorer as a possible improvement.

Bluetooth seems very toublesome !

I couldn't get it to work, returned to the Orange Shop they couldn't either and frequently crashed the phone trying.

One 'phone trainer' did quietly mention Smart Explorer as a possible improvement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm the bluetooth on these phones is the biggest disapointment, ah well fortunately smart explorer isnt too bad so i can put up with it.

if the 550 has all the media hotkeys does that mean that its had its speaker and sound playback improved?

at £130 im v.tempted to get a c550 as it comes with a 512mb car and i was gonna fork out for a 1gig card anyways...

Guest PPCPassion
If you don't have a SIM to access the phone then you can always pay to unlock it using www.imei-check.com  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the easiest, no brainer, no hassle place to get your phone unlocked. I live in USA and have several phones unlocked from this site without any problems including my recent purchase of C550 (using on T-mobile, USA) I am sure there must be other ways but I think this one is the least time consuming and works like a charm everytime. Just my 2 cents...

Edited by PPCPassion

Guest oscarbrito

I cut and paste something interesting I have found in spv developer. I haven't tried it yet. Please, if you try it post here your results.

Just a note for anyone who needs to unlock their phone but does not have an Orange SIM card. When the phone boots up, there is a 5-second delay before the SIM Locked window pops up. During this time it is possible to put the phone in flight mode (power button, 2). This will allow you to use the phone to run the necessary cert.cab files etc.

• 1 month later...
I cut and paste something interesting I have found in spv developer. I haven't tried it yet. Please, if you try it post here your results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that, but i couldn't get the IMEI registered since when it's on flight mode it won't 'transmit' the imea -- i went ahead and ordered a pay as you go orange sim card from teh UK from ebay, got it, and it's workin great! now i'm building an audio/charging dock for my car for this sweet phone