Is the SP5m the first 'all silver' HTC smartphone?

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Am I right in thinking the i-mate sp5m is the first HTC smartphone to be an all-silver design? All the other spv's/qteks/imates I've had have had dull grey/blue/black/white middle sections sandwiched between the covers. Can anyone think of any other ( HTC ) smartphones that are silver and not just silver/grey?

Richard

Guest Pondrew

Nope, I think you might be right Rich. So what do you make of the keypad on the SP5m? Isn't it a bit cramped?

Oh, wait, just had a thought, the SDA II currently available from T-Mobile is an HTC Hurricane with QVGA but without the wifi nor WM5 yet that has the same case as the SP5m. Guess that means the SP5m isn't the first 'all silver' after all!

Guest fluffcat1
Nope, I think you might be right Rich. So what do you make of the keypad on the SP5m? Isn't it a bit cramped?

Oh, wait, just had a thought, the SDA II currently available from T-Mobile is an HTC Hurricane with QVGA but without the wifi nor WM5 yet that has the same case as the SP5m. Guess that means the SP5m isn't the first 'all silver' after all!

Hmmm. Keypad cramped.....Hadn't occured to me until you mentioned it! Grrrrrr. You had to go and spoil it. Me and my sp5m were getting on so well. You just want it cheap off me....

So has anyone actually SEEN an SDA II? I've seen posts promising pics but never seen any pictures that were not taken off official websites....besides, that t-zone button looks red to me :)

And as it's the same casing they can have joint honours.

Richard ( trying to resist taking his sp5m apart for at least a week )

Guest Pondrew

Yep. Had a go on an SDA II in the T-Mobile shop in Croydon. Nice device and certainly looked identical to all the pics I've seen of the SP5m. Just shame it couldn't have been a Tornado device :)

That's the thing about the SP5m, the keypad is squeezed into a smaller area making it a little cramped. I thought the same about the SDA II.

Guest fluffcat1
Yep. Had a go on an SDA II in the T-Mobile shop in Croydon. Nice device and certainly looked identical to all the pics I've seen of the SP5m. Just shame it couldn't have been a Tornado device  :)

That's the thing about the SP5m, the keypad is squeezed into a smaller area making it a little cramped. I thought the same about the SDA II.

The keypad looks smaller than a c550 but with my not-very-scientific method of measuring the keypad using the graduated side of my knife, the keys have the same area as on the c550 / hurricane, and the 1st and third columns of keys are wider. The middle column on a hurricane c550 keypad is wider than the other two either side and the curve of the rows of keys make them appear to be bigger keys when they are not ( much).

The keys are bigger than a typhoon keypad but scrunched together so hamfisted people such as myself take longer texting :evil:

Going off this sp5m now :cry:

Richard

Guest fluffcat1

s'okay...means I'm more likely to pull it to bits for a dissassembly guide :)

The clock is ticking for it...I want to nosey and see the wireless section to compare once I destroy / dissassemble a c600 that I'm getting next week :twisted:

Richard

Guest nickcornaglia

As in the other thread....another opinion of mine that wasnt asked for. :)

I dont think the keys are all that crampped. Smaller than one would like...but comfortable none the less.

Like any new phone you get...once you're used to it....it's no problem.