Where to buy i-mate SP5?

Guest mrbofus

Guest mrbofus

I live in California and would like to buy the i-mate SP5. However, all the online retailers seem to be out of the SP5, and only have the SP5m in stock. Additionally, most places seem to be charging close to $600US for the phone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable place to buy the i-mate SP5 for a good price. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-William

Well here in the UK its about £300 to £330 inc tax = about $575

Because cross region shipping isn't usually allowed (by i-mate/qtek/htc) you won't really get it from europe directly shipped to you. That means you'll end up paying european and US tax. Depending on the country you might be able to claim the european tax back.

The only other way you're going to get it, is from Northern America (Canada, America etc), or from some smaller retailer who is prepared to ship direct to you tax free.

A friend of mine has been trying to get this organised to Canada and he couldn't manage it :)

The problem in most countries is that the onus is upon the company to prove the tax didn't need to be paid. In most countries they take the tax right away, and the company claims it back end of qtr or year. So efectively your asking the company to have to claim that tax back. If its not what they usually do, they won't make a special case for you most likely.

Welcome to the world of tax, regional sales blocks and customs duty! It's what all use poor UK people have to go through when we see electronics in the US so cheap, but after tax and duty its pointless to have them shipped here.

Edited by kam_

Guest mrbofus

So I found a place in the US that sells a pre-order i-mate SP5 for $499.99 [ http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=102 ] but am not sure how reputable they are. Expansys sells the i-mate SP5 for 354.95GBP, which works out to about $608. Does anyone know of any other vendors or importers in the US that sell the i-mate SP5 for $500 or less that is reputable? Thanks in advance!

I live in California and would like to buy the i-mate SP5.  However, all the online retailers seem to be out of the SP5, and only have the SP5m in stock.  Additionally, most places seem to be charging close to $600US for the phone.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable place to buy the i-mate SP5 for a good price.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-William

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not me..

word of warning.. if your're buying from expansys and its out of stock you probably won't get it by the expected date printed on their sites..

When i ordered it said 3 days..

then 20 days

then it changed to 30 days

eventually they told me 42 days later i still wouldn't have had the phone, because they're so backlogged on it the stock that comes in gets used for pending orders above me. Basically they get deliveries every 2 to 4 weeks.. i would have got my device on the 4th delivery :shock:

Handit.de have the qtek 8310 for 419 euros plus postage.

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not a bad price seeing as its the same phone as an SP5 and the qtek text on the top of the phone is in a cooler blue than the white from imate :)