XDA mini S

Guest Bewdy

Hi, I'm on the verge of getting an XDA Mini S, having been very happy with my spv e200, and less so with my P910i. But i have a couple of questions before I take the plunge.

1. Wifi, is it g compatible? does this require some sort of rom flashing?

2. Can you active sync over wifi, or is it bluetooth only?

3. What kind of battery life are people getting out of this device?

4. I've seen a cheap/er offer for the k-Jam @ http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/o2/7494.htm , is it the same phone as the XDA, or is there software missing, or is it infact better because it has less crap on it.

5. anyone using the vario in Manchester? whats T-mobile coverage like here, don't want a repeat of the 3 massacre of 2 years ago with no coverage, but t-mobile seem to offer some goods deals.

Guest Pondrew

1) the official line from O2 is that it is wifi b only, don't know if this is a rom difference or hardware difference

2) Sync over wifi has been removed from Activesync 4 (which is required for the XDA Mini S). Microsoft says for security reasons :)

3) I haven't got one but I get the impression you'll get about 2days with use which is a slight improvement over other Pocket PC Phones.

4) Well, I'd probably suggest the I-Mate is better (one reason being it apparently DOES have wifi g and DOESN'T have the O2 Active software that is traditionally buggy as hell!). The evidence suggests the only difference between the two would be in the rom but there is still confusion over this due to conflicting reports of whether wifi G will work on a Mini S running the I-Mate rom!

5) No idea!

Guest RichardD
3. What kind of battery life are people getting out of this device?

Mine arrived on Monday, gave it an 8 hour charge as recommended in the manual.

It's coming up on two days now, showing 68% battery remaining.

Spent about 2 hours playing the first night, adding contacts etc.

Probably 10-20 minutes of calls and lots of text messages.