How to polish light scratches/marks off screen?

Guest radiator

Guest radiator

Had my K-Jam about 2 weeks now, and just got round to purchasing a proper screen protector (went for a Martin Fields one – seems pretty damn good).

Anywho, I removed my old, home-made protector and noticed a few small marks on the screen. At first I thought they were small bits of fluff, but I can’t shift them!

On closer inspection they look like very light scratches, which has really annoyed me! Is there anything I can use on the screen to remove these, prior to installing my new protector?

Or, does anyone know what type of plastic the screen surface is made from?

Guest fluffcat1
Or, does anyone know what type of plastic the screen surface is made from?

It's similar to toughened polyethene - it stretches if you try hard enough - I've experimented with a broken XDA. I'm unsure what you could use as the usual methods for perspex don't apply :-(

CD polish restorer that fills in the scratches won't hurt :?:

Richard

Guest radiator
...it stretches if you try hard enough...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kinda like Low Density Polyethylene then?

:)

I'll ask @ work (plastics manufacturer), I'm sure someone will know...

Thanks for the help though!

Guest fluffcat1
Kinda like Low Density Polyethylene then?

I'll ask @ work (plastics manufacturer), I'm sure someone will know...

Thanks for the help though!

Eerrrrr, yeah that's right....( pretends he knows what that is )...

I can donate a shattered glasstop from an XDA for experimental purposes if you want?

Richard

Guest radiator
I can donate a shattered glasstop from an XDA for experimental purposes if you want?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be really helpful...if you're sure you want to donate it?

Guest fluffcat1
That would be really helpful...if you're sure you want to donate it?

It's either that or bin it when I get around to it. A shattered glasstop is of no use to me as I've never successfully replaced the glass underneath.

Richard

Guest radiator
It's either that or bin it when I get around to it. A shattered glasstop is of no use to me as I've never successfully replaced the glass underneath.

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Righty, good stuff.

If you can give me your PayPal/Nochex email address, and a £ figure I'll get some cash sent your way to cover p&p...

Edited by radiator

Guest DeanoSMB

I've had the T-Mobile supplied screen protector on and somehow something (I wish I knew what) has managed to scratch through it and onto the screen. Not much use then. Can anyone recommend a better one?

Guest radiator
I've had the T-Mobile supplied screen protector on and somehow something (I wish I knew what) has managed to scratch through it and onto the screen. Not much use then. Can anyone recommend a better one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm using a Martin Fields protector which I'm impressed with, but I've also heard good things about the Exim ones (available on eBay).