Voice dialling not as good as Magician

Guest DancingMatt

Guest DancingMatt

Hi

Firstly, hoo and ray - I have got hold of a VARIO!!! :) :D ;)

I would be more pleased if I hadn't found 3 new bugs in the first hour of using it, all of which scream at me "no one ever put this through user testing"?!?

Anyway, not a bug but an annoyance that people thinking of buying one should know - when I tried an M500 (Magician) in an Orange shop, I was fairly impressed with the Vonix Voice Dial on it. I found I could dial a contact by saying something like "dial john at work", or even a number with "dial zero two zero...".

So how come on the Vario (ie Wizard) you can only voice dial by adding individual voice tags to individual contact numbers? Compared to Magician this is a big step back.

It just seems to be totally different software, which is really disappointing.

DM

Guest sbsdegb1
Hi

Firstly, hoo and ray - I have got hold of a VARIO!!!  :)  :D  ;)

I would be more pleased if I hadn't found 3 new bugs in the first hour of using it, all of which scream at me "no one ever put this through user testing"?!?

Anyway, not a bug but an annoyance that people thinking of buying one should know - when I tried an M500 (Magician) in an Orange shop, I was fairly impressed with the Vonix Voice Dial on it. I found I could dial a contact by saying something like "dial john at work", or even a number with "dial zero two zero...".

So how come on the Vario (ie Wizard) you can only voice dial by adding individual voice tags to individual contact numbers? Compared to Magician this is a big step back.

It just seems to be totally different software, which is really disappointing.

DM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could add Fonix Voice Dial yourself which does what you have just mentioned. Althought its not free. I haven't had a magician and so can't comment on its voice dialing capabilities. However I do have a C500 and the voice dialing on this works the same as on the Vario.

Guest adchaffey
You could add Fonix Voice Dial yourself which does what you have just mentioned. Althought its not free. I haven't had a magician and so can't comment on its voice dialing capabilities. However I do have a C500 and the voice dialing on this works the same as on the Vario.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just replaced my C500 with the Vario and the voice dialing is the same. However, I swear the voice dialling is making more mistakes than on my C500!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest MitchellO

Get MS voice command. It does exactly what you want very well, plus much more. I am very pleased with it. I have changed everything that relates to the builtin Voice Dial over to MS VC.