PopDrop by Momentum Games

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

PopDrop by Momentum Games

Type Arcade stylus game

Everyone loves to pop a balloon or two, now you can pop hundreds in this fun packed shooting gallery style game. Use your touch screen stylus to pop balloons and catch the dropped goodies. Watch out for bomb balloons, skulls, puffer fish and more! This game is great fun for all ages, you won't be able to resist another go....and another....

It's popping time with Pop Drop

Pop drop sounds like is a simple game to describe, pop the bubbles using the stylus to score points, but there is more to the game than that.

The first few levels of the game are more for training to get you into the flow of things. First of all you have to just pop the ballons but then this evolves into losing points if any ballon rise off the top of thescreen.

PDScreen5.jpg

PDScreen3.jpg

Once you get the hang of the stylus control you can earn extra points in popping the same colours in a row, there are also multicoloured ballons which help in this task as they act as the last colour you have popped.

When you pop certain balloons they will drop items, these can be stars to give you bonus points or hearts to restore any lost lives.

Thinks to avoid

Before you get too carried away you have other balloons to avoid, these have a skull and crossbones printed on them and popping one of these will make you lose one of your lives. Other items the balloons can drop are puffer fish and bombs, if you tap either of these you will lose another life.

While the early levels are easy later on the game play gets extremely fast and lives can be lost quickly. After level 14 there are bonus rounds where you have to test how good your aim is by popping balloons with targets on them, the closer to the bullseye you get the more points you gain.

A nice feature of the game is that it works in both landscape and portrait modes but I I did notice a big difference in difficulty between the two views with landscape being the easier option.

PDScreen3.jpg

PDScreen4.jpg

This is one game that is hard to show the real gameplay and unfortunatley my capture software can not handle the game speed and refresh rates so I have had to use the images from clickgamer.

This is one addictive game and I can see myself playing it for a long time. The graphics are crisp and clear and the added feature of portrait and landscape mode will cater for all players.

Available from ClickGamer.com

Pocket PC . . . $14.95 | £8.63 | €12.69

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.