orange spv c550 bluetooth connections

Guest magic77

Guest magic77

can anyone recomend best solution.

Got a SPV550 on order and need to get satnav for it. However my car kit is built in with bluetooth. Now can the spv550 support more than one bluetooth connetion at a time. or is it case of using a USB coneection for the GPS reciever.

Finally if thats the case is it possible to use a GPS USB reciever and charger at same time using a USB splitter

thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to teh site :)

The C550 can handle more than one BT device at a time and TomTom Mobile can only be purchased with the TomTom GPS unit as it is not sold as a software only option.

Guest SilentlyScreaming

PS Forget plugging anything into the USB slot on the phone, its got no host controller chip, so its only a slave device. Not sure I have the terminology correct, but basically you can plug the phone into something like a PC, or just a charger, but anything that requires controlling won't work.

Guest Goose Whisperer

And Bluetooth can be a bit awkward with the c550, it seems to have a lot of trouble sending out info via BT ............

Best to check someones got the device you're going to use to work with a c550 before investing !

• 1 month later...
Guest jonnye1
can anyone recomend best solution.

Got a SPV550 on order and need to get satnav for it. However my car kit is built in with bluetooth. Now can the spv550 support more than one bluetooth connetion at a time. or is it case of using a USB coneection for the GPS reciever.

Finally if thats the case is it possible to use a GPS USB reciever and charger at same time using a USB splitter

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got SPV C550

Sony HBC 700 Bluetooth hands free kit (full car kit)

Tomtom 5

and this bluetooth gps http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bluetooth-GPS-Receiv...7QQcmdZViewItem

works 100% fine, had to drop a file called BT weak into the storage card 1st and change the in and out com settings but works great.

can hold a hands free call and navigate at the same time

the btweak file is only 1kb so if u need it let me know and i will email it over to you

Edited by jonnye1

• 2 months later...
Guest terrob

Ive finally managed to link my C550 to my computer via a MSI star key bluetooth dongle. My logitech bluetooth mouse port was a load of ****.

Anyway still having a small amount of trouble if you lot can help, im trying to copy mp3s across to my phone but after about 3 files i loose my bluetooth synced connection. I can only send 2 or 3 mp3s at a time.

Thanks

Sorry for the double post people....how do you delete it....

Edited by terrob

Guest terrob

Ive finally managed to link my C550 to my computer via a MSI star key bluetooth dongle. My logitech bluetooth mouse port was a load of ****.

Anyway still having a small amount of trouble if you lot can help, im trying to copy mp3s across to my phone but after about 3 files i loose my bluetooth synced connection. I can only send 2 or 3 mp3s at a time.

Thanks