How do I copy old SIM contacts to new C550

Guest C++ Developer

Guest C++ Developer

I am sure this should be simple but on inserting my very old SIM card into my C550 and using SIM manager to copy from the SIM into 'contacts'. Then I check that all the data is present under 'contacts', even after a handset switch off/on.

Next I insert the new, greater capacity SIM card, switch on the mobile and find that there are no contacts showing.

So my question is how do I copy the contacts from the old SIM card to a new one using the C550?

Guest ericharlz

u mean there are no contacts when u go to contacts or Sim Manager?

if ur in Sim Manager, no contacts will show coz it'll point to SIM card, click menu then "Contacts to SIM" and all contacts should be transfered to SIM

Guest C++ Developer
u mean there are no contacts when u go to contacts or Sim Manager?

No, I mean that when I insert the new SIM card then no contacts show under the START/CONTACTS item, where they previously had been transferred to, and showed, whilst the old SIM was installed. Does that make sense? Sorry of I am explaining this badly.

As an alternative method I am also trying to find a hack by using ActiveSync but that seems too clever and I think it will only transfer items that have been changed or added. I really don't want to have to edit every single old SIM card contact just to get this simple transfer of contacts from the old to my new SIM, or old SIM to new 'contacts database'.

Whatever method, I don't care where my contacts get transferred to as long as I can see them with the new SIM card installed, which presently I cannot get to happen.

Edited by C++ Developer

Guest ericharlz

its weird..

not sure if SPStudio can help.. i use that to copy/backup contacts of my phone to PC (if ur successful) maybe you can transfer from PC to sim using smartphone studio/spstudio