Can't start GPRS/3G session with Activesync

Guest FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

While connected to the PC with activesync I can't connect to the internet on the M5000. I want to connect to MSN on the device but control it from the PC keyboard using AS remote (which does work!). Is there any way to connect to GPRS while connected to AS4 (or 4.1)?

Thanks

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm. Is the problem that the device isn't connecting to the internet or that it's not using GPRS/3G to do it? Because I WOULDN'T expect the device to use either while synced due to Activesync passthrough. You SHOULD be able to browse to whatever site while synced without having dialout, assuming of course your desktop/laptop is already connected to the internet...

Guest FrankyG
Hmmm. Is the problem that the device isn't connecting to the internet or that it's not using GPRS/3G to do it? Because I WOULDN'T expect the device to use either while synced due to Activesync passthrough. You SHOULD be able to browse to whatever site while synced without having dialout, assuming of course your desktop/laptop is already connected to the internet...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually want to use the M5000 to dial out - as the office proxy can't connect to the MSN servers. I've tried everything ,but it was ideal using my c500 to dial out while typing on the full size keyboard. I cant see a way to disable the passthrough, is there a way?

I actually want to use the M5000 to dial out - as the office proxy can't connect to the MSN servers. I've tried everything ,but it was ideal using my c500 to dial out while typing on the full size keyboard. I cant see a way to disable the passthrough, is there a way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. I wanted to do exactly the same. But as I found out, its impossible :cry:

At this moment there is no way to disable the passthrough in activesync.

Watch here, halfway:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz...s/04july01.mspx

• 1 year later...

PDANet allows you to connect your PC to the internet whilst you have Active Sync open as well. You have to buy it though.

Costs approx $20 from Mobihand.

Hope this helps.