Replace C500 with SP5?

Guest loolah

Currently have a C500 on Orange and am looking for a replacement that's basically the same but with a better camera & wifi. The SP5 looks like just the ticket, but is it the same physical size as the C500 or is it bigger (can't quite tell from the photos which make it look a bit chunky)?

Is there anywhere on the high street that's likely to have one for me to have a look at?

Best deal I've found is if I go over to O2 from Orange and get the phone for free on £30 a month tariff, is that the best deal I'm likely to find?

Is there any reason to just get Orange to upgrade me to a C600 over the SP5?

Many thanks!

Loo.

the C600 does not have wifi which is a shame as its a good phone , the SP5 is slightly larger than the C500 around the same size as a C550, it mainly comes down to what you want if wifi is not needed then the C600 is a good option :)

the C600 does not have wifi which is a shame as its a good phone , the SP5 is slightly larger than the C500 around the same size as a C550, it mainly comes down to what you want if wifi is not needed then the C600 is a good option :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I can live without the wifi, and theres no real difference in cost, then essentially they're the same phone, but the C600 is a bit prettier? Would that be a fair description?

Loo.

Guest ddieter

C&A Electonics on Tottenham Court Road carry the Qtek 8310, which is the identical hardware to SP5. I would call ahead though, as they don't always have them currently in stock.

They took one out of a box to enable to hold it in my hand to gauge the size, but unfortunately at the time I was there, they did't have a working 'display' model to check out the operating system and software.

I can't see why Orange didn't include wifi in the C600. I guess they were just overcome by greed over the potential loss of GPRS traffic. :) Booo!