A couple of odd things with text messaging

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Firstly - does anyone know why it goes to 306 characters when you go over the 160 character limit...? Been confusing me for a while!

Secondly - i'm not sure if this is the result of a reg hack i've done, and i'm reluctant to hard reset my primary phone, however when i start a new text or email, i can hit enter to enter a recipient, but when i then press down or tab to enter the body section of the message the screen just jumps to the bottom of the page, rather than move the cursor down, very annoying! It used to work and my Jasjar demonstrates the correct behviour. Anyone else suffering from this?

Guest TomaHawk

yea its weird it should be 310 characters.

ive got another problem its to do wiht MMS though.

1.i cat send or recieve them

2. theres no way ot enter a number from contacts.

yea its weird it should be 310 characters.

ive got another problem its to do wiht MMS though.

1.i cat send or recieve them

2. theres no way ot enter a number from contacts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not exactly obvious or that intuitive, but you need to click on the To: bit rather than where the number goes.

Sending an MMS doesn't seem to be something you can do without a stylus.

Guest bennish
when i start a new text or email, i can hit enter to enter a recipient, but when i then press down or tab to enter the body section of the message the screen just jumps to the bottom of the page, rather than move the cursor down, very annoying!  It used to work and my Jasjar demonstrates the correct behviour.  Anyone else suffering from this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the exact same problem! really ticks me off... i have to go and put my finger on the nice clean screen to select it properly. i don't think i've done any hacks that would cause it...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Might have to try a hard reset and be more careful, i've been tempted to try out my jasjar as a primary phone for a while anyway :)

TomaHawk do you have a Vario and did you cancel and of the extended rom installers? I sent my first mms from my jasjar last night and received a reply with no issues!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I assumed it was something along those lines. I've never checked, but i wonder if other phones display the char counter incorrectly. Never mind!

Guest CrispyUK
I assumed it was something along those lines. I've never checked, but i wonder if other phones display the char counter incorrectly.  Never mind!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sony Ericsson S700 takes up to 306 characters for a 2-part SMS message.

• 2 months later...
Secondly - i'm not sure if this is the result of a reg hack i've done, and i'm reluctant to hard reset my primary phone, however when i start a new text or email, i can hit enter to enter a recipient, but when i then press down or tab to enter the body section of the message the screen just jumps to the bottom of the page, rather than move the cursor down, very annoying!  It used to work and my Jasjar demonstrates the correct behviour.  Anyone else suffering from this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you find a solution for this problem? I have the same problem in my Qtek 9100.