How to find out WiFi MAC address on my Qtek 8310

Guest saldous

Guest saldous

My home broadband router is secured to only allow registered MAC addresses attach. So I need to know the MAC address on my Qtek 8310 so I can enable it access. I've searched through the phone and can't find this info anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Also, I can't get WAP browsing to work. Does anyone know the O2UK GPRS settings I need to configure?

Cheers.

Guest saldous

OK, I found the MAC address and connected to the web ok.

(Switch on WiFi using the button on the side of the device. Then go to Settings - Wifi settings.

Go to "Connection Status" and towards the end of the list you'll see the MAC entry. It only shows up if the WiFi is on.)

Still need GPRS and MMS settings for 02 though.

Edited by saldous

Guest saldous

That's perfect. I've got GPRS WAP working now :-) (It is really slow and sometimes doesn't connect but if you keep trying it works eventually).

Still fiddling with MMS settings though.

Update - I just sent my first MMS!!!

Edited by saldous

Guest saldous

Well I can send MMS messages, but no one is receiving them. Even If I send to myself it sends but I don't receive it...

I did get a test from O2 saying I received a media message my phone doesn't support and to log into O2 web site to see it. How can I send a message that I can't receive?!!!

Edited by saldous

Guest shadamehr

99.999999% of the time, in the past, if you got sent an MMS, and all you ACTUALLY got come through was a message telling you to go to a website to view, it, this ALWAYS meant MMS was not enabled ON YOUR ACCOUNT!

It CAN now however, also mean you were sent an MMS that contained a file format your phone can't handle. Some of the animated video files on a SmartPhone are on example of this, when you send them to a nokia.

So firstly, I would check with your Operator, to ensure you ARE set up on your account, for MMS.

Could you send MMS before this, on different phone, with the same SIM card?

Guest saldous

Yes I am setup for MMS, I called O2 yesterday to check. I can send myself am MMS which has text, music and a picture. What I receive is an MMS with text and music but no picture, plus a text saying my phone doesn't support the MMS it is being sent. I don't get how I can create an MMS on this phone but can't receive the same MMS!