How do you change the homepage in PIE?

Guest team_edition

Guest team_edition

Apologies if I'm being thick but I've searched every option (and searched on these pages) but how do you change the homepage on Pocket IE from the default imate one (on my SP5m) to something else?

Many thanks for any input.

Richard.

Guest roma0803
Apologies if I'm being thick but I've searched every option (and searched on these pages) but how do you change the homepage on Pocket IE from the default imate one (on my SP5m) to something else?

Many thanks for any input.

Richard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several ways to do this, I do this by copying the "Short_AP1.lnk" from my phones Windows directory. Take of the Read Only flag and open it with notepad. Delete the imate internet address at the end, save it by closing Notepad. Put back the Read Only flag and copy it back to the Windows directory of your phone. That's it. PIE opens now in favorites without opening a GPRS connection.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest team_edition

Thanks for the reply. I've tried this but can't seem to copy the file back to the Windows directory on the phone. I've taken off the Read Only flag but it just doesn't let me copy the file back to the phone.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Guest roma0803
Thanks for the reply. I've tried this but can't seem to copy the file back to the Windows directory on the phone. I've taken off the Read Only flag but it just doesn't let me copy the file back to the phone.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is PIE closed while you try that? Have you restarted your phone? Did you unlock your phone since that is necessary to replace systemfiles. If you didn't, there are threads at Modaco that can tell you how, do a search for 'unlock' or something.

Guest team_edition

PIE is closed because I did check for that. My phone is unlocked (ie. not locked to a particular network) but is there something else I should try to do with it to allow me to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks for your help.

Guest roma0803
PIE is closed because I did check for that. My phone is unlocked (ie. not locked to a particular network) but is there something else I should try to do with it to allow me to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks for your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to application unlock your phone so you can install unsigned applications and also are more of.. erh.. an administrator of the phone. The phone comes locked standard that's why some applications won't install and you are not able to move or replace files that belong to the OS.

I can't find the link with instructions anymore, but search with "application unlock Tornado" or something. There's a registry editor you must use to change two values and a little tool "SDA-Unlock" I believe to fully unlock the phone.

If I find the link I'll post it here...

Edit:

Got it: Check this post for more info and instructions

Edited by roma0803