type of memory

Guest harrysaab

Guest harrysaab

hi

wot does the Storage Memory is used for?

and what does the Program memory is used for?

i hardly have few skins/midi on phone memory, it says free 4.45mb and used 13.49mb and total of 17.95mb.

y is it soo low? is there a way i can increase it?

wot does the program memory used for? i have total of 45mb, free 21mb, used 23mb.

low memory is only main disadvantage of sp5/ or wm5 mobiles. they should hav put more.

Program memory is your RAM. That's basically how many programs you can have open at once. 50% usage is normal, with all of the system applications that run the phone (there's 10 or so running that you can't see).

As far as your phone memory goes, that's pretty normal. If you want more memory, get a miniSD card. They're really cheap, and will give you a ton of memory. I got a 1GB for around $60 when I bought my SP5m.

Install only critical applications on your internal storage memory. For me, I have XBar3, CodeCity CityTime Alarms, SmartBatt plugin, eTrust Antivirus, and SBSH Facade installed on my internal storage memory and I've got almost 6MB free.

On top of that, you can set IE to place its temporary files on the storage card as well, saving more space.

hi

wot does the Storage Memory is used for?

and what does the Program memory is used for?

i hardly have few skins/midi on phone memory, it says free 4.45mb and used 13.49mb and total of 17.95mb.

y is it soo low? is there a way i can increase it?

wot does the program memory used for? i have total of 45mb, free 21mb, used 23mb.

low memory is only main disadvantage of sp5/ or wm5 mobiles. they should hav put more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest shadamehr

By 'normal' in the last post, the poster actaully means "normal for the sp5/wm5.0 device" as these seem to have VERY little free Storage Memory left once you add even just a handful of things to the phone, as covered elsewhere on this site.

For me, I have XBar3, CodeCity CityTime Alarms, SmartBatt plugin, eTrust Antivirus, and SBSH Facade installed on my internal storage memory and I've got almost 6MB free.

Hmm xbar3 doesnt work on my SP5 - i just get some quit message.

Facade i put on my storage card - why did you leave it on internal memory? AFAIK Smartphone is all persistant memory now and uses NAND, so it doesnt support XIP even on the phone storage. Either way it'll be loaded into ram from where you store it - so putting it on the phone is a waste of space - you'll only save a split second of bootup.

eTrust Antivirus - waste of space and processor power, it doesnt detect enough to make it worth using. But even if you really want to, why put it in internal storage?!

Update to the latest rom, get the i-mate setup files, install them to the storage card, then use the cab file for the AV thats now on your storage card to install AV to the storage card.

I use the NRE rom and have 28mb free, 25 after the cache has filled up a bit!