C600 diffs over C550

Guest YippyDawg

Guest YippyDawg

I've seen some contradicting reports of what's different on the new C600 compared to the C550, can anyone in the know tell me _exactly_ what's different between the two (other than the obvious aesthetic differences i.e. media player keys) as I stupidly bought a C550 the other day after having given up waiting on the C600. Now I'm in a quandry over whether to return it.

The bits I know about are;

* Quad band instead of tri band

* USB2

* WM2005 instead of WM2003SE

* Caller id pictures natively supported in the Outlook contacts

Does the C600 have Pocket Word, Excel like the M5000 does?

Does the C600 support syncing Outlook notes like the M5000?

Is the Outlook Task stuff any better on WM2005 than WM2003SE?

Is there any other functionality that WM2005 allows that the C550 can't do?

The CPU's are the same aren't they, 200Mhz?

Thanks!

'Office' isnt available for smartphone. The best you can do is use something like clearvue.

If i were you i'd get the c600 just because its the latest OS, and it'll hold its value much better. You may kick yourself in a couple of months when everyone is talking about WM5. On the other hand WM5 is fresh, so it will have alot more bugs in it.

Well having both a C550 and a wm5 phone ( SP5 ) i can see a difference BUT not much.

If you have a C550 is it worth upgrading to a C600 answer is no , if its a SP5 then its a different answer.

The C600 has the same screen as a C550 but is really an upgrade from the C500 , the phones are simular in design , the C600 looks slightly better than the C500 .

Comparing the C600 to the C550 cannot really be done as one is a music phone ( C550 ) and the other is an upgrade from the C500.

the C600 has the latest WM5 ( which is not compatable with alot of the older software even some that play in postage stamp size on the C550 do not run on the C600 )

Quad band on the C600 only usefull if your going to the usa.

If you use gstart on the C550 you get the same menus as the C600.

we have had the C550 out for a while now and so far not much in a way of games and software for the larger qvga screen even some new games coming out are not in full screen.

When more people have the new system then that will change , but many of the older favs probably wont be making the leap to WM5 as for some games the whole game needs to be re worked :D

if you like the C550 then wait until the second generation of phones come as by then the software ect will be larger :)

Well having both a C550 and a wm5 phone ( SP5 ) i can see a difference BUT not much.

If you have a C550 is it worth upgrading to a C600 answer is no , if its a SP5 then its a different answer.

The C600 has the same screen as a C550 but is really an upgrade from the C500 , the phones are simular in design , the C600 looks slightly better than the C500 .

Comparing the C600 to the C550 cannot really be done as one is a music phone ( C550 ) and the other is an upgrade from the C500.

the C600 has the latest WM5 ( which is not compatable with alot of the older software even some that play in postage stamp size on the C550 do not run on the C600 )

Quad band on the C600 only usefull if your going to the usa.

If you use gstart on the C550 you get the same menus as the C600.

we have had the C550 out for a while now and so far not much in a way of games and software for the larger qvga screen even some new games coming out are not in full screen.

When more people have the new system then that will change , but many of the older favs probably wont be making the leap to WM5 as for some games the whole game needs to be re worked  :D

if you like the C550 then wait until the second generation of phones come as by then the software ect will be larger :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the screen on the C600 was better (more clearer) than the C550?

the screen is nearer to the plastic screen on the C600 and SP5's so is slightly clearer because of it, but when you see the screen of the C550 without the cover as i had to take mine apart there is no difference at all :)

I agree C550 -> C600 makes no sense.. But he's saying he bought the C550 a few days ago.. so he's talking about returning the C550 for a C600..

So the question is:

C500 -> C550

OR

C500 -> C600

I would go for the C600 myself. There's more likely hood now that developers will skip over QVGA on the old OS and go straight for QVGA on WM5 now.

Guest YippyDawg
I agree C550 -> C600 makes no sense.. But he's saying he bought the C550 a few days ago.. so he's talking about returning the C550 for a C600..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, I have until tomorrow to return it in the 7 day period so need to make my decision pronto...

Indeed, I have until tomorrow to return it in the 7 day period so need to make my decision pronto...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW whats the price difference working out for you?

Guest YippyDawg
BTW whats the price difference working out for you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well just phoned up to return the C550, operator reckoned there's a good chance I can get the C600 on upgrade for nothing as well (which I'm surprised at as I'm at the lower end of their scale).

Orange still won't let me order up the C600 yet though so it's back to nokia land for a while :-(