M5000 Have you reported poor signal strength ?

Guest nato

I have just rang O because im totally fed up losing calls on my m5000. They tell me they haven't had any previously reported problems.....So who HAS DEFINATELY reported this? - I will email the technical director with results!

Guest thelondonthing

I've not yet reported it - but that's mainly because I know that Orange won't give a rat's ass now that I've actually paid for the handset and extended my contract. None of the CSRs will have give a toss, there'll be conflicting information from each and every person that you talk to - "we're looking into it"; "there'll be a ROM update soon"; "no-one else has reported a problem"; "we'll get someone to call you back..." (and of course no-one will); "there's no reason at all why that should happen" - and nothing will get done about it.

Everybody complained about the M5000 release fiasco, yet it still arrived weeks after being announced, and no-one at OCS had a clue what was going on then. So, as much as it irritates me that I'm losing calls left, right and centre, and getting virtually no UMTS coverage despite being about 100m from a 3G mast, I'm starting to realise that I might as well save my breath because Orange don't give a flying fart about their customers until they threaten to walk. And most of us aren't in a position to walk, given that we've all renewed our contracts for another year to get this infernal handset that doesn't work properly!

I not only complained, but Orange actually replaced M5000 number 2 as they saw this as a fault in that handset. (It was dropping calls, including to Orange answerphone, failing even to ring for some calls - even in the centre of London, etc).

Incidentally, Orange are now cancelling my upgrade and taking back M5000 number 3, as it seems to have a permanent Windows error.

I imagine Orange do have a problem with the handset, but are minimising publcity about it.

Guest bronksy

i am in the city of london.. the centre of the universe...

I have full 3g signal but have not been able to get calls all day. I can make calls, but not recieve them. Callers have been going straight to answerphone.

I called O and they tell me there are several outages and base stations on low power.. but i'm getting the same problems at home as well as work and I live miles away from the office..

Yes.. I've reported it.