Ringtones

Guest adam@wizzy

Guest adam@wizzy

Anyone any idea how get MP3s as ringtones on the Qtk 9100, I used to have a SPV C500 and all you did was drop the MP3 ing the Sounds folder and sync. I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work

• 6 months later...

so its posable to store ringtones in the root of the storage card but i dont like the idea of having 20+ ringtones in my root folder of my storage card. is there a reg hack or something i can do to put them in a folder on my storage card? i've tryed putting them in a folder called rings and windows/rings and sounds but that didn't work. any help would be nice, or i might just have to have them in the root :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ipidydafoo
so its posable to store ringtones in the root of the storage card but i dont like the idea of having 20+ ringtones in my root folder of my storage card. is there a reg hack or something i can do to put them in a folder on my storage card? i've tryed putting them in a folder called rings and windows/rings and sounds but that didn't work. any help would be nice, or i might just have to have them in the root :)

Put ur MP3's in My Device/Windows/Rings, then do a soft resest, that should do it.

Put ur MP3's in My Device/Windows/Rings, then do a soft resest, that should do it.

the point of having them on the storage card is to not have them taking up space on my device :)

Guest Laser_iCE

Taken from http://www.htcwizardweb.net/node/405;

"Depending on your device's manufacterer, the default location to store ringtones is either \Windows or \Windows\Rings\. You can change that location by edting the register.

Use Total Commander to navigate to HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\

Open Directory, a new window should pop up now, containing the current location for ringtones

Change the value to wherever you want to store your ringtones, for example \Storage Card\

Soft reset your device by holding the Power button for 5 seconds.

Please note that using your Storage Card to store your ringtones may sound nice because it saves space in Main Memory, but there is a downside. When your device comes out of standby, it can not immediately access the Storage Card. This could lead to a situation where you receive a call while you HTC Wizard cannot find it's directory for ringtones."

Edit: I should mention now that if it says \Windows\ then that means if you set it to \Storage Card\, then you will need to put the files into \Storage Card\Rings :)

Edited by Laser_iCE